We’re looking for a Senior Animator to join our team, which collaborates remotely from around the world. Our members range from industry newcomers to experts with 15+ years of experience. Team members come from a diverse set of backgrounds, but share a common passion for building polished player-focused, community-powered games.
At Hypixel Studios we are looking for applicants that are demonstrably passionate about their hobbies, have the drive and commitment to deliver results with minimal supervision, have international-level professional competency in their skill sets, and can demonstrate involvement with other interesting projects throughout their lives.
As a Senior Animator on the Hytale team, you will collaborate across disciplines to design and deliver animations that breathe life into characters, creatures and the Hytale world itself. You will also use your experience to mentor other artists, improve workflows, and empower our creators to push the limits of their creativity.
Who you are:
- You understand principles of animation that add personality and charm to our characters and creatures, giving our players a deeper connection to gameplay
- You are a problem solver, driven to discover solutions that benefit our players, Creators, and the Hytale team
- You are an excellent communicator: you love providing feedback, sharing knowledge and mentoring other team members
- You’re a positive, proactive problem-solver and lead by example while contributing to the studio culture with the actions you take on the team
Some of your role:
- Create animations, from roughed-in pose concepts to final polish, integrating animations in-game using our in-house engine
- Work with the Art Director to uphold our animation style that brings our experiences to life
- Work closely with Design, Art, and other creative disciplines to ensure animations support our diverse game experiences
- Partner with art management and production to develop high-level execution plans
- Find creative solutions and contribute to ongoing improvements to pipelines and techniques
- Mentor other animators in their craft, delivering feedback to aid in their growth
- Portfolio demonstrating high quality animation work
- 4+ years of experience creating real-time character and creature animations, having shipped at least two titles as an animator
- Great communication, documentation and self-organization skills
- Experience in overseeing the work of other team members and mentoring and developing junior staff
- Excellent problem solving skills; you take complex problem spaces and break them down into functional and actionable solutions
- Knowledge in Technical Art / Technical Animation
- Traditional art skills – Painting, Sculpture, Illustration
- Experience shipping titles across multiple platforms (PC/Console/Mobile)
We can offer:
- A chance to work on a new game project with an extremely motivated team
- Opportunities to learn and grow personally and professionally
- A stable and secure work environment
- The ability to work remotely
We’re looking for applicants who are self-driven, put players first, and that have a history of making cool stuff. In return, we can offer an environment that values and supports individual creativity and passion and believes in fostering new talent. We recognize the value of diversity in every sense and actively encourage candidates from diverse backgrounds to apply.