Altruist is a hyper-growth fintech company on a mission to make financial advice better and more accessible for everyone. Our team is building a revolutionary platform for financial advisors and their clients to remove the friction from investing and reduce the barrier to entry into wealth creation and management. Using Altruist, advisors can work more efficiently and reduce costs, enabling them to help more people, better.
If you’re passionate about your craft and are looking for big, meaningful problems to solve, then you’ll love what we’re up to. At Altruist, you’ll have the opportunity to do exciting work on products ranging from complex enterprise business software to a beautiful consumer app experience and user acquisition platform.
What you’ll do:
- Work closely with the Engineering Manager, lead engineers, product and business teams
- Analyze and solve complex problems spanning multiple user personas and workflows
- Focus on building and scaling systems
- Integrate data from multiple custodians, aggregating, modeling financial data, and loading the data into a transactional system
- Work on complex calculations to produce performance reporting in a consistent and accurate manner
What you’ll need:
- 5+ years of building scalable RESTful back end services using Java and Spring Boot framework
- Implemented microservices architecture for backend services for delivering highly distributed and resilient architecture
- Implement and believe in automated testing like unit/integration test
- Experience using Swagger for API documentation, SonarQube for code quality
- Strong grasp over database technologies using SQL and NoSQL databases like Postgres, MySQL, HBase/Cassandra, Redis
- Strong understanding of caching technologies like CDN, Redis, Memcache.
- Working knowledge of Docker/Container technologies like Kubernetes or ECS
- Experience building cloud infrastructure on cloud technologies like AWS
- Familiarity with ELK stack to ensure we have consistent logging, monitoring and alerting built for the services
- Practiced Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery
- Experience working with huge data set and be able to consumer/aggregate and summarizing results will be a huge advantage
- Strong domain knowledge of brokerage platforms and financial services
What you’ll get:
At Altruist, you’ll work with a talented group of creators working relentlessly to disrupt an antiquated system primed for disruption. You’ll have the freedom to do your best work alongside down-to-earth professionals at the leading edge of their disciplines and the opportunity to make a real impact through your contributions. As an early team member at a young (fast-growing) company, you’ll have a significant influence on how we build our products.
Altruist believes the best work comes from a happy team who’s encouraged to continually grow and develop their expertise. We take pride in our culture, built on a foundation of mutual respect and transparency, and rooted in our three core values:
Kindness: The equal and kind treatment of all is of foremost importance to us, and we continually strive to bring diversity in thought and background to our team to strengthen our company.
Brilliance: Brilliance at Altruist means constantly striving to better your craft with a hunger for constant learning and growth.
Grit: Our team is driven, has a bias towards action, and an insatiable appetite for getting things done to bring us closer to realizing our mission.
Think you’ll be a good fit? Apply with a link to your portfolio. We look forward to meeting you.