AcceleratorApp is a startup and the world’s leading innovation management platform. We are dedicated to accelerating innovation by making the startup industry more connected, efficient, and fair—globally.
We are a remote-first organization based in Lisbon. If you want to be part of a passionate team, build a product that makes a difference, and desire a challenge that will define your career, this is the place.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Develop features and improvements using a modern stack (including Typescript, React, GraphQL, Node, PostgreSQL, and Mongo).
- Work closely with designers, other developers, and the customer success team to deliver outstanding experiences.
- Work closely with QA testers to ensure that requirements are met and identify or implement test automation use cases.
- Discuss solutions with the team and provide suggestions. We value your opinion and want you to share your thought on the product. You will also interact with customers when iterating on products and the designer in charge of the product.
Your typical day will include building and shipping features, but you will also get the chance to develop solutions by yourself or together with colleagues. You’ll also help our customer success heroes understand features and debug/resolve issues with them.
As a team member, you will be expected to go beyond the simple task by finding ways to improve our solution.
As mentioned above, we are remote first, and with that comes much flexibility. We don’t care where you are located in the world. There is no check-in check-out. We work on a trust-based relationship. As opposed to having a fixed benefit plan, let’s discuss what matters to you. Here are a few options we can discuss.
- Health plan
- Stock options
- Hardware budget
- Training budget
- Traveling budget? Why not…
This benefit package will be designed around what you need.
FEEL FOR THE COMPANY
First, we are a diverse and global team. That means difference and openness. We thrive through this difference. We work in different time zones, so our process is heavily based on async communication, with a few weekly meetings. Weekly meetings camera on, ready to rock, and make those meetings efficient and to the point. That being said, the group of people working together on a feature/product will often meet together as a self-organized meeting to jam out about the product and find ways to deliver an improved solution.
- Some foundational computer science knowledge.
- Experience writing automated tests (eg. Jest or Mocha), and built-in browser debugging tools.
- Familiarity with GraphQL APIs and WebSockets.
- Must have excellent troubleshooting, and problem-solving skills, with the ability to work independently with minimum guidance if required but knowing when to get help or ask for clarification for requirements.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills. It is crucial to have clear written and spoken communication in a remote work environment.
- Must constantly be looking to learn and improve.
- Experience working with TypeScript or another strongly-typed language.
- Experience in Redis or Kafka for queue management service.