Hi! We are Billie, the leading provider of “Buy Now, Pay Later” (BNPL) payment methods for businesses, offering B2B companies innovative digital payment services and modern checkout solutions. We are here to transform and upgrade the operating system of B2B Payments. Thus, we enable businesses to pay and get paid on their own terms, having the same frictionless and flexible experience as consumers are used to nowadays. To do so, our solutions are based on proprietary, machine-learning-supported risk models, fully digitized processes and a highly scalable tech platform. This makes us a deep-tech company building financial products, not the other way around. We love building simple and elegant solutions and we strive for automation and scalability. Our vision to create new freedom through innovation has attracted exciting strategic partners and highly experienced investors, making us join forces with Klarna and securing an outstanding $100 million Series C funding round nearly quadrupling our previous valuation. Our investors include VCs such as Dawn Capital, Creandum, Picus and SpeedInvest.
Join us to create the future of B2B payments!
OUR TECH STACK:
Billie is moving fast towards a microservice architecture written mainly in PHP 8(Symfony5), a bit of Python and a bit of GoLang. The services talk to each other using REST, RabbitMQ and GraphQL. Data is stored in MySql and SnowFlake. It lives in AWS. We have no legacy code and we are always eager to update our stack to the newest versions. Please visit our tech radar for more information.
ABOUT THE ROLE:
We look globally for engineers that can solve business-logic problems with clean, testable code. We value previous experience in with tech startups, financial, payments or banking products and B2B platforms. Our ideal candidate is a highly-autonomous engineer that is comfortable working within service-oriented architectures, can contribute to cross-functional teams bringing a constructive attitude, easily navigate Agile development environments striving to bring a product to market fitness.
WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
- At least 4 years of experience as a Software Developer
- You have knowledge and passion for Computer Science
- Deep understanding of PHP in it’s latest versions
- Fluent in SOLID design principles and OOP
- Familiar and experienced with Service-Oriented Architectures
- Good understanding of REST and RabbitMQ or similar queues
- Experience with Agile engineering practices such as TDD, BDD, and CI/CD.
- Sound knowledge in relational database systems (preferably MySQL).
- Full professional proficiency in the English language.
NICE TO HAVE:
- Experience with event driven architecture, DDD and CQRS
- Proven experience building microservices and knowledge of microservices patterns
- Experience building complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to B2B customers is a big plus.
- Experience with complex back-end systems, especially in the financial industry, will enable you to dive deep into the product very quickly.
WHAT WE OFFER YOU:
- Flexible work hours and trust in your ability to deliver, empowering you to take control of your work-life balance.
- Up to 6 weeks per year of “Workation”.
- One of the best Virtual Shares Incentive Programs in the market, so that everyone at Billie is invested in our success.
- Freedom to balance working from home and the office according to you and your team’s needs. No restrictions, only guidelines and a flexibility-first approach.
- Our “Catch a Ride with Billie” program gives you a big discount on the Monthly Public Transport pass in Berlin.
- A yearly development budget to broaden your skill set and horizons. We also offer free German group classes with your colleagues.
- An English-speaking, multicultural team with more than 46 nationalities from all continents represented in our staff.
- A one-time relocation bonus if you join us in Berlin.
- A great office space near Checkpoint Charlie with free gym access, healthy snacks and cereals, fruit, coffee, soda, and beer.
Billie offers you the opportunity to be a part of one of the fastest-growing Fintech startups in Europe following the mission to innovate to create new freedom for businesses of all sizes. Our combined decades of experience in B2B Financing and Payments in a market thirsty for innovation and change make this a fantastic possibility to get into the most dynamic space in tech.
Join an international team of talented, passionate people where drive and merit matter. We work in nimble, cross-functional teams with open communication lines across the company. You’ll be surrounded by smart people from a wide variety of backgrounds from which you can learn and that want to learn from you.
Are you ready to join Billie?