Brightline is on a mission to build a bright future for every child, bringing extraordinary behavioral health care to children and families.
We’re in the middle of a behavioral health crisis that we can’t ignore—especially not when it comes to our children. 1 in every 5 children has a behavioral health condition, yet up to 80% still get little or no help. Far too many families face insurmountable barriers when their child really needs help, and parents are too often left feeling alone and without the support they need. We can do so much better. That’s why we’re here!
Brightline is convening a team of leading coaches, clinicians, technologists, business leaders, and creative thinkers to completely transform what behavioral health care looks like. Together, we’re building exceptional technology and real-world care to bring a warm, supportive, and goal-oriented experience to families. And we’re all here to help children and families thrive.
About the Role
We are looking for a Senior Behavioral Health Coach who has deep experience in behavioral health coaching working with children, teens, and their families. You should be passionate about our mission to bring extraordinary care to families and have a love for mentoring coaches. As a Senior Behavioral Health Coach, you will help train and support a growing team of coaches across the country. This position is perfect for a thoughtful, compassionate, and driven individual who enjoys taking on new challenges and is a true coach’s coach.
Coaching and mentorship:
- Provide direct coaching services to support a caseload of Brightline families.
- Provide 1:1 mentorship to coaches that includes effective structuring of live coaching sessions or chat messaging, coach tools navigation, and following appropriate escalation pathways.
- Facilitate the day-to-day operations, motivation, and engagement of the team.
- Assist in the onboarding and training of new coaches by leading training and practice sessions.
- Provide subject matter expertise to help build new coaching programs and digital content.
- Support a team of 10 behavioral health coaches by answering questions in Slack related to coaching best practices or day-to-day tasks, engage in coaching conversations, direct coaches to the right resources, and review chat messaging as needed by the team.
- Collaborate with other Senior Behavioral Health Coaches in tracking and identifying knowledge gaps across the teams to propose training updates in partnership with coach leadership.
You will thrive at Brightline if you have:
- A passion for our mission to redefine behavioral health for children and their families
- 2+ years experience or equivalent in a lead or mentorship role in a related field. Experience in a collaborative, fast-paced, remote environment is preferred
- An undergraduate degree in a health-related field with 2-4 years of experience working in behavioral health / healthcare / or tech startups, OR
- A master’s degree in a health-related field plus at least 1 year of experience coaching or working with children, teens, and families in a behavioral health setting
- An NBC-HWC or ICF credential, preferred
- A passion for learning and growth — skilled in providing and receiving feedback that leads to effective collaboration and a stronger team connection
- Strong coaching skills— highly skilled in motivational interviewing, goal setting, strengths-based coaching, positive psychology, and a strong understanding of scope limitations
Really nice to have:
- Strong attention to detail — you know the details matter when it comes to providing excellent member experience
- A growth mindset to adapt to the constant change and evolution of a startup
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively
- The drive to be part of building something new — to work hard, invest in peer relationships, and solve challenges as a team
This is a fully remote position reporting directly to the Manager, Behavioral Health Coaching.
Brightline is an equal opportunity employer and encourages all applicants from every background and life experience to apply.