As a Senior Consultant within Bounteous Strategy and Research team, you will provide secondary research in support of proposals, client cases, and business initiatives. You will be responsible for delivering on a variety of requests throughout the day.
The environment is fast-paced and may need you to connect with internal customers from the client service and business development teams to refine/understand the research objectives, package and deliver to the satisfaction of the customer.
The Strategy and Research team supports the four Business Units in their efforts to grow the business with both new and existing clients. You will primarily be supporting their efforts by managing and executing desktop research leveraging subscriptions and readily available research tools to create in-depth client profile decks covering company overview, competitive landscape, category context, customer needs, and digital transformation.
Additionally, industry primers / newsletters on a quarterly basis summarizing and showcasing category learnings that are relevant to the four separate Business Units.
The Strategy and Research team also supports leadership with additional research needs as needed (competitive research, potential M&A targets, etc.)
There is an opportunity for you to grow and learn in an apprenticeship culture where you can quickly build and expand your research knowledge base to the next level. This position provides a flexible work schedule and requires a significant level of comfort working independently.
Will include, but not be limited to the following:
· 4-6 years of experience in developing Knowledge backed client propositions and delivering them to clients
· Help in preparing various Business development documents, marketing collaterals, white papers etc.
· Excellent secondary research skills- Candidates should be experienced in utilizing secondary research databases, such as Factiva, Bloomberg, Hovers, Capital IQ etc for profiling companies/industries, identifying marketing opportunities, etc.
· Good understanding of an industry vertical, preferably financial services, healthcare, dining, retail or other consumer facing sectors
· An in-depth understanding of the knowledge assets in the context of a strategy engagements – how to build, manage & evangelize
· An eye for detail and strong report writing skills (including visually appealing, complex and descriptive investigative reports) that reflect a clear thought process and communicate an accurate message
· Strong problem solving, presentation and communication skills
· Passion to bring about cultural change and an entrepreneurial zeal to scale big
· Preferably working for a Tier 1 management consulting firm with experience in building client facing consulting and knowledge assets
· Preferred Excel skills, including experience with formulas, conditional formatting, pivot tables, etc.
· Strong Microsoft PowerPoint and Word skills;
· Effective communication skills required – written and oral ability to communicate research topics, and more complex concepts in discussion with case leads;
· Effective interpersonal skills – good team player with the ability to work under pressure;
We invite you to subscribe to our monthly and quarterly newsletters to stay up to date with the latest job openings as well as resources and tips for job seekers here.
Research shows that women and other underrepresented groups apply only if they meet 100% of the criteria of a job posting. If you have passion and intelligence, and possess a technical knack (even if you’re missing some of the above), we encourage you to apply.
Bounteous is focused on promoting an inclusive environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate the different viewpoints and experiences our diverse group of team members bring to Bounteous. Bounteous does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.
Bounteous is willing to sponsor eligible candidates for employment visas.