Every day, millions of containers are transported – and every third container is empty! We solve that problem.
How? The container is the single biggest innovation in logistics of the last century and has revolutionized not only an entire industry but also changed the way we live and do business. However, while this iron box itself is simple, standardized, and efficient; using and owning containers is an operational nightmare. Market transparency is limited, trust along the value chain is low and most processes are manual and error-prone. Our mission is to change this—by providing a neutral platform for container owners and users to collaborate easily and efficiently. We are here to connect global container logistics to take the hassle out of owning and transporting container equipment.
Senior Content Marketing Manager – Blog (f/m/d)
As our Senior Content Marketing Manager, your mission is to turn the xChange blog into the most relevant publication in the container shipping industry and triple the number of readers. With Container xChange we want to be ever-present at the top of Google search results, drive traffic to our site, and convert readers on the blog. That’s why we’re looking for a savvy wordsmith that’s eager to join our growing marketing team. As the Content Marketing Manager, we expect you to have a knack and love for writing and planning.
Your responsibilities in a nutshell
- Set up and own our strategy, prioritise blog topics, and plan monthly content calendar for the blog
- Manage a growing team of 5 content writers focusing on our blog, ensuring high output, efficiency while maintaining our team culture and organizing regular learning sessions
- Leverage in-depth keyword research on topics, sub-topics, and micro-topics related to xChange and the industry and develop/improve on current SEO practices and user experience with the help of our design team
- Edit and proofread work submitted for publishing and share feedback with our content writers to ensure a steep learning curve
- Measure success of blog initiatives (with the help of tools such as GA, GSC, Semrush, PD, PBI), improve blog strategies/tactics in close collaboration with Content Lead and share insights with our content writers
- Regularly interviews customers and industry stakeholders to improve quality and relevance for the industry and ensure they get what they want. As well as share insights with the team
- Work actively with content lead on hiring plan and support in the recruiting process
What we are looking for?
- An editor/journalist at heart who loves figuring out topics, interviewing people, covering trends and sharing data making that come to life in great writing (and images, gifs, videos…) with a passion for SEO
- Strong insight into SEO and tools such as Google Analytics, Google Search Console, and SEMrush
- 3-5 years of marketing and content creation experience, with an understanding of growing a website/blog
- An analytical mind and interest in using data to optimize/scale blog marketing strategies and tactics
- English proficiency at a native level
- A go-getter attitude with a love of figuring out topics, interviewing people, covering trends, sharing data – and making all of that come to life through great writing and visuals
What to expect
- An exciting role: You have direct impact on our company growth by managing our Blog
- Work on creation of dashboards to create transparency and optimise performance of blog and our writers together with our content lead and marketing ops
- Keep our blog/keyword strategy aligned with conversion strategy and optimise blogs in close collaboration with Conversion Rate Optimization manager
- Potential to grow your career in a fast-growing, international environment
- A highly motivated, enthusiastic Marketing team – they can’t wait for you to join their team ♥
What we have to offer
- A dynamic and international team with ~ 50 nationalities across our fast-growing 200 team members & extremely flat hierarchies
- A highly scalable product with a proven product-market fit ready to change the industry & do something good ♥
- A great working atmosphere with an open-minded and collaborative culture—plus a team of highly motivated & enthusiastic colleagues who can’t wait for you to join
- A fast-paced work environment and complex intellectual challenges from day 1
- Great location – our office is in the city center of Hamburg!
- Goes without saying: Flexible home-office rules, regular team events, and of course a wide variety of fruits and drinks in the office 😉
- All employees become shareholders in xChange
If this sounds like your future job, we are looking forward to your application!