Chronosphere is the provider of the only observability platform that puts engineering organizations back in control by taming rampant data growth and cloud-native complexity, delivering increased business confidence. Teams at startups to well-known global brands in the Fortune 500 around the world trust Chronosphere to help them operate scalable, highly available and resilient applications.
Chronosphere is looking for trailblazers who are experts in their space and are passionate about creating meaningful solutions for engineers and digital businesses.
Chronosphere is a series C startup with more than $343M in funding and a $1B+ valuation. We’re a remote-first company, backed by Greylock, Lux Capital, General Atlantic, Addition and Founders Fund.
About the role
As our Senior Manager of Customer Advocacy you’ll be the customer storyteller in chief, helping to gain, craft, and amplify our customer successes.
Once you set up the program strategy and infrastructure, the role consists of being a great collaborator, salesperson, and expert communicator. The successful candidate will work with sales, marketing, and success teams to identify, nurture, and move customers to be powerful advocates on behalf of the Chronosphere brand.
The successful candidate will have demonstrable success in the role and can point to championing several advocacy efforts from cultivation through publication. They are persuasive and possess strong project management skills to unite the organization around the customer advocacy program. The person is skilled at rallying the troops to coordinate the efforts and communications that leverages our efforts to support press, analyst and sales efforts. The leading candidate will also be creative, a strong writer, possess natural sales skills, and have a strong sense of accountability.
The ideal person for this role is a relationship builder, thrives in an agile and fast-paced environment, has a strong creative sense, possesses a keen eye for detail, a nose for strong narratives and quality content. Reporting to the Head of Corporate Marketing & Communications, they will work directly with customer success, product, sales, and marketing to deliver consistent and compelling customer success narratives. Chronosphere is looking for candidates that love to write, tell stories, and engage with customers. Passion for your work is paramount.
In this role you will
- Create the infrastructure and processes that are foundational to world class advocacy organization
- Build relationships within the customers to become a trusted liaison with the Chronosphere organization.
- Work collaboratively with all stakeholders to identify, coordinate, nurture, and gain approvals of customer advocacy efforts– including the creation of press releases, case studies, speaking opportunities, interviews, press and analyst briefings.
- Identify opportunities, develop a pipeline of customer advocates; prioritize these opportunities and track success to maximize advocacy across the organization.
- Help craft powerful customer stories and ensure that these stories return value to the companies and individuals that are lending their brands.
- Work with external stakeholders, contractors and vendors as necessary to create successful assets
- Formalize and champion Chronosphere’s presence on G2 Crowd, Peer Insights, and other community review sites.
You experience includes:
- 5+ total years of relevant customer advocacy experience
- A proactive approach to customer advocacy
- Relevant B2B Cloud, SaaS, or other technology experience
- Establishing trusted relationships with customers and internal stakeholders
- Demonstrable experience building a world class advocacy program
- Record of success landing customer interviews, speaking opportunities, case studies, bylines, awards, and reviews
- Ability to quantify your successes and impact on the business
- Creating compelling and easily understood storytelling arcs and narratives
- Facility to communicate technical information
- Stellar project management, interpersonal, and organization skills
- Strong writing and communications skills
- Ability to work independently and demonstrate a “can do” attitude
- A willingness to roll up your sleeves and get work done
- Possess an innate understanding of how to build and grow successful business outcomes as it pertains to your role
- Thriving in a fast-paced culture, agile, and can pivot seamlessly in a fast-paced and rapidly changing environment
- Familiarity with Peer Insights, G2 Crowd and other community/peer review sites
- Ability to add value to all stakeholders and can navigate the needs of each to achieve joint success.
What you will achieve:
You will help fuel the continued growth of the company through creating awareness around our customers’ success.
Reporting to Head of Corporate Marketing, Parker Trewin.
Parker has twenty plus years of experience in building successful comms strategies, brand positioning, and messaging which has created powerful storytelling opportunities. During his tenure he has built global comms organizations that have helped fuel awareness for hyper growth companies leading to blockbuster IPOs and successful exits. He has also challenged incumbent leaders and elevated companies to be seen as a peer of these much larger competitors. His individual and team efforts have netted positive analyst recommendations and positioning, and grown earned media by double-digit compounded rates while more than tripling the overall comms footprint.
Organizations that he has championed have been recognized in the Forbes Cloud 100 and gained placement in such notable publications as the Wall Street Journal, the London Times, US News and World Report, Bloomberg, Forbes, The New York Times, the Australian, FAZ, Handelsblatt, TechCrunch, Lifehacker and Huffington Post.
A recognized leader in his field, he was profiled in Forbes on communication requirements during the COVID crisis.
Parker is an avid biker and one of six sons that included two sets of twins.
Others you will learn from and collaborate with:
- Customer Success
- Health Insurance Coverage
- Free Lunches
- Unlimited Vacation Time
- Competitive Salary
- Stock Options
- And More
Chronosphere is an equal opportunity employer. You’re encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn’t line up exactly with the job description. Your skills, passion, and desire to make a difference will stand out. At Chronosphere, we welcome diverse perspectives and people who think rigorously and aren’t afraid to challenge the standard. If you need additional accommodations to feel comfortable during your interview process, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org