COVID Update – We are actively hiring for this position and have been operating as a fully distributed organization across the United States since FireHydrant started. We anticipate a future where we will be able to periodically gather as a company again, but we put the health and wellbeing of our employees (and their families) first.
We’re looking for someone to work with our customers, help them onboard, nurture relationships, and improve the way they manage and respond to incidents. If you’re looking to join a small team and having a big impact, keep reading!
FireHydrant helps companies recover from IT disasters more quickly. The FireHydrant platform includes Incident Response, Status Pages, Retrospectives, and Deploy Events so you can take control of your complex system, reduce downtime, and work better together. We’re a Series A company with around 30 employees who sit across the United States and we’re growing.
About the role
As a Customer Success Manager, you’ll help onboard customers and ensure they’re getting value out of the product. You’ll report to the Manager of Customer Support & Success. We’re a small team, which means there’s a lot of opportunity to help shape the way we work.
We’re looking for someone with in-depth experience working in the developer tools or incident management space. You’ll work with highly technical customers and help them improve the way they respond to and manage incidents.
Day-to-day, you’ll be a key player and a trusted advisor to our customers throughout their journey by creating success plans and helping them achieve their objectives. You will partner with our Account Executives on renewals and expansions, and advocate for FireHydrant’s customers, guiding them along a path to success to accelerate value realization. We’re looking for someone who thrives in a fast-pace environment and wants to have a big impact on our business and customers.
Your responsibilities will include
- Driving the ultimate success of our customers, including their onboarding experience, ongoing feature adoption, and renewal.
- Identifying opportunities to develop new training materials designed to ensure successful customer onboarding and support business-wide adoption.
- Partnering with the product team to understand customer needs and influence the direction of the product.
- Identifying opportunities to build and improve internal processes and systems that scale.
- Consulting our customers on industry best practices and tips for using the product in more effective ways.
- You have 5+ years of experience as a Customer Success Manager working with technical customers on a technical product.
- You have 2+ years working with large enterprise customers.
- You have experience working in the developer tools or incident management space.
- You have a track record of delivering value to complex organizations.
- You have experience using Salesforce & Zendesk.
- You thrive by building long-term relationships and partnering with a range of stakeholders including business, technical, and executive teams.
- You are consultative and able to navigate and adapt to the complexities and needs of customers.
- You are a resourceful and creative problem solver, and you’re curious.
- You have experience engaging closely with Sales, Product Management, and other teams.
Your first 4 weeks
- You’ll get to know our team, how we work, and why we’re building FireHydrant.
- You’ll set up your own FireHydrant account.
- You’ll sit in on sales calls and existing customer calls.
- You’ll review historical support tickets.
- You’ll get introduced to some of our customers.
Life at FireHydrant
- We’re remote-first with employees around the US; our headquarters is in NYC (Union Square).
- We collaborate through Slack, Zoom, GitHub pull requests, Notion, Clubhouse, Miro, and Figma.
- We believe in a healthy work-life balance; we’re early stage but work reasonable hours and want you to use your vacation time.
- 100% employer-paid health, vision and dental premiums for the employee and 75% of dependents
- Unlimited vacation policy with a minimum requirement of three weeks off per-year
- Wellness program: reimbursements for your gym membership, athletic equipment, nutrition plans, etc
- Education budget: conferences, books, online courses, etc
- 401k match