BentoBox empowers restaurants to own their presence, profits and relationships. The hospitality platform disrupts third-party services that come between the restaurant and the guest. BentoBox puts the restaurant first and offers tools that drive high-margin revenue directly through the restaurant’s website. BentoBox is trusted and loved by over 5,000 restaurants worldwide including The Meatball Shop, Joseph Leonard, Union Square Hospitality Group, Major Food Group, Rose’s Luxury, Eleven Madison Park & many more. Learn more at www.getbento.com
We’re looking for a Senior Data Engineer to join our team. This is a unique opportunity to lead the establishment of a cross-functional data practice within a SaaS company that serves the hospitality industry. You’ll play a crucial role in empowering our business to make data informed decisions by surfacing insightful data to internal stakeholders. We currently use Stitch, Snowflake, dbt, and Looker for our data stack.
- Lead and own the setup of cross-functional company reporting, dashboards, and analysis based on an in-depth understanding of business model, operations, product and company KPIs.
- Write and maintain SQL code on an ongoing basis to provide insights and check data for accuracy and validity.
- Support various team initiatives on an ad-hoc basis by fielding requests for reports and dashboards, provide advice and insight along with the data.
- Analyze complex data sets, not only looking for trends, but also meaningful edge cases. Clearly communicate findings to leadership, board, and other key stakeholders as needed.
- Establish a best-in-class data practice within the organization by vetting and recommending tools, workflows, and infrastructure.
- Uphold BentoBox’s core mission, vision, and values
Skills and Attributes
- 5+ years of experience working with large data sets to surface actionable insights and inform decisions
- Expert knowledge of SQL and modern data platforms. Experience building, configuring, and managing high-quality data pipelines using tools like Snowflake, dbt, and Looker to enable analysis and visualization
- Confident with end-to-end data workflows including analysis, reporting, and presenting evidence-based conclusions in a compelling way
- Proficient in identifying/interpreting trends and anomalies in data, and troubleshooting accordingly
- Experience with at least one other tool or programming language (e.g., Python, R) and an interest in expanding your skillset
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills, with a knack for communicating your findings to both technical and non-technical stakeholders
- Highly organized and able to manage multiple projects and prioritize competing initiatives
What We Offer
- Competitive salary + equity
- Health insurance (medical, dental, and vision) – BentoBox covers 100% of healthcare premium costs
- 401k plan with company match
- Life insurance and disability plans
- Commuter benefits
- Flexible vacation plan
- Paid parental leave
- Professional development opportunities, including a yearly learning stipend
- Perks when dining with BentoBox customers such as tip reimbursement
- Making a positive impact on the hospitality community
BentoBox provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.