BitGo is the leader in digital asset financial services, providing institutional investors with liquidity, custody, and security solutions. In 2020, BitGo launched Prime Trading and Lending, as well as BitGo Portfolio and Tax, providing clients with a full-stack solution for digital assets. In 2018, it launched BitGo Trust Company, the first qualified custodian purpose-built for storing digital assets. BitGo processes over 20% of all global Bitcoin transactions, and supports over 250 coins and tokens. BitGo’s customer base includes the world’s largest cryptocurrency exchanges and institutional investors and spans more than 50 countries. BitGo is backed by Goldman Sachs, Craft Ventures, Digital Currency Group, DRW, Galaxy Digital Ventures, Redpoint Ventures, and Valor Equity Partners.
We are searching for a Senior Data Engineer to be responsible for designing and implementing scalable solutions that allow the company to make data-driven decisions fast and accurately on several terabytes of data.
- Build scalable and reliable data pipeline that collects, transforms, loads and curates data from internal systems
- Augment data platform with data pipelines from select external systems
- Ensure high data quality for pipelines you build and make them auditable
- Drive data systems to be as near real-time as possible
- Support design and deployment of distributed data store that will be central source of truth across the organization
- Build data connections to company’s internal IT systems
- Develop, customize, configure self service tools that help our data consumers to extract and analyze data from our massive internal data store
- Evaluate new technologies and build prototypes for continuous improvements in data engineering
Skills & Experience:
We are looking for teammates who share and practice our values: open communication, transparency, taking ownership, and high level of craftsmanship. We are looking for coworkers who share our vision and mission: deliver trust in digital assets.
- 4+ years of work experience in relevant field (Data Engineer, DW Engineer, Software Engineer, etc)
- Experience with data warehouse technologies and relevant data modeling best practices (Spark, Presto, Druid, etc)
- Experience building data pipelines/ETL and familiarity with design principles
- Excellent SQL skills
- Experience with business requirements gathering for data sourcing
- Understanding and experience working in the financial industry
- Understanding and strong interest in cryptocurrencies and blockchain industry
- Experience with large-scale, real-time, and distributed applications
Why Join BitGo?
Disrupting an industry takes vision, innovation, passion, technical chops, drive to deliver, collaboration, and execution. Join a team of great people who strive for excellence and personify our corporate values of ownership, craftsmanship, and open communication. We are looking for new colleagues who bring innovative ways of thinking and problem solving, and who want risks to be part of the team that changes the world’s financial markets.
Here are some of the benefits of working at BitGo:
- Competitive base salary, bonus and stock options
- 100% company paid health insurance for employee, partner and dependents
- Up to 5% 401k company match
- Paid parental leave, Paid vacation
- Free commuter/parking pass
- Free custom lunches, dinners and snacks
- Computer equipment and workplace furniture to suit your needs
- Great colleagues and inspiring startup environment
- Benefits may vary based on location.
Cryptocurrencies are the most disruptive change the financial services industry has seen in years. Join us and you’ll be able to look back and say you were part of the team that transformed investing.