BentoBox and Clover are working together to shape the future of modern hospitality. Join the team building award-winning technology for the restaurants you know and love.
About BentoBox & Our Mission
The BentoBox Marketing and Commerce Platform delivers a seamless guest experience dedicated to accelerating growth and helping restaurants thrive. BentoBox empowers modern restaurants to build their online presence, diversify revenue, engage with diners, and increase operational efficiency. To do so, the platform includes products such as websites, ordering (online ordering, pre-order & catering, gift cards, merchandise, tickets), events management, and marketing tools.
Over 14,000 restaurants worldwide rely on BentoBox as their digital front door. BentoBox is trusted and loved by hospitality groups such as José Andrés’s ThinkFoodGroup and Danny Meyer’s Union Square Hospitality Group and independent restaurants including Emmy Squared, Suerte, and The Meatball Shop.
BentoBox is proud to be a part of Restaurant Solutions, a division of Fiserv – a leading global provider of payments and financial services technology that enables 200,000 restaurants to deliver differentiating experiences.
About the Role:
We’re looking for a Senior Data Engineer to join our team. This is a unique opportunity to contribute to a cross-functional data practice within a SaaS company that serves the hospitality industry. You’ll play a crucial role in empowering our business to use data within our product and make data informed decisions by surfacing insightful data to internal stakeholders and customers. Our data stack is based on Stitch, Snowflake, dbt, and Looker.
What You’ll Do:
- Design integration and insights architecture from a variety of data sources to power our customer reporting platform.
- Partner with our Product Engineering Team to develop high performance ETL systems for in-application use.
- Contribute to the setup of cross-functional company reporting, dashboards, and analysis based on an in-depth understanding of our business model, product and operational KPIs.
- Write and maintain SQL code on an ongoing basis to provide insights and check data for accuracy and validity.
- Support various team initiatives on an ad-hoc basis by fielding requests for reports and dashboards, providing advice and insight along with the data.
- Establish a best-in-class data practice within the organization by vetting and recommending tools, workflows, and infrastructure.
- Uphold and promote BentoBox’s core mission, vision, and values
Experience We’re Looking For:
- 5+ years of experience working with large data sets and cross-functional teams to surface actionable insights and inform decisions
- Expert knowledge of SQL and modern data platforms. Experience building, configuring, and managing high-quality data pipelines using tools like Snowflake, dbt, and Looker to enable analysis and visualization
- Confident with end-to-end data workflows including analysis, reporting, and presenting evidence-based conclusions in a compelling way
- Experience developing scalable ETL architectures across a wide variety of data sources
- Proficient in identifying/interpreting trends and anomalies in data, and troubleshooting accordingly
- Experience with at least one other tool or programming language (e.g., Python, R) and an interest in expanding your skillset
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills, with a knack for communicating your findings to both technical and non-technical stakeholders
- Highly organized and able to manage multiple projects and prioritize competing initiatives
Perks of Joining Us:
We’re building a hybrid workforce, with employees working out of local offices 2-3 days a week.
- Competitive salary
- Comprehensive benefit plans to suit your unique needs
- 401(k) with company match and Employee Stock Purchase Plans
- Generous time off programs including paid parental leave
- Holistic wellness program
- 8 highly active Employee Resource Groups
- Professional development, growth and support
- Company-sponsored volunteer days and community-building events
- Opportunity to work with a passionate team making a positive impact on the hospitality community
Important Information on BentoBox’s COVID-19 Vaccination Policy
In order to protect our community, BentoBox newly hired employees in the United States will not be required to be fully vaccinated, but will be required to disclose vaccination status. Associates traveling within the U.S. will no longer be required to attend safety briefings and Fiserv-sponsored events will no longer require proof of vaccination. All Fiserv associates can enter and work in Fiserv facilities regardless of vaccination status.
BentoBox provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.