We help people find, enroll in, and use ACA (a.k.a. Obamacare) health coverage. We’ve helped over 9 million people enroll, saving over $60 billion through government subsidies in the process. We’ve doubled enrollments and revenue each year for the past 3 years, and we are now the largest ACA enrollment platform after HealthCare.gov. We’re profitable and on track to make mid-eight figure revenue for 2021.
We’re a mission-driven team that advocates for and cares about the people we serve. We are a double bottom-line company – revenues and enrollments in ACA coverage. The ACA brings high-quality, comprehensive, and affordable health coverage within reach for low-income Americans. And we exist to make that promise a reality. Your contribution will positively affect millions of people, helping them to navigate the complex and confusing health insurance industry and to access health care when they need it.
We are committed to building a team balanced in representation to best serve the people who use our products. We believe in creating inclusive and equitable spaces, which build trust and respect and foster a sense of belonging. These values are at the core of our culture, and we genuinely believe they will continue to lead our organization to successful outcomes.
About the role
We are looking for a Data Scientist to join our team to use our unique data set to improve the product, increase revenue, and set strategy. You will be working as a member of the data team and will report to a data science manager. As a data scientist, you will be embedded as a key member of a product/engineering workgroup helping to inform and guide product decisions. Your work will contribute directly to increasing the number of people that can access healthcare affordably.
- Analyze data to identify product improvements and revenue opportunities
- Establish product and business health metrics
- Design, deploy and analyze experiments
- Build machine learning models for multiple applications
- Work with engineers to improve data infrastructure
- Work with the product team providing guidance to prioritize, develop, and monitor new product lines.
- Degree in a quantitative field such as statistics, economics, applied math, operations research or engineering, or relevant work experience
- 5 or more years of industry experience in a data science or analytics role
- Proficiency in SQL
- Proficiency in Python, R or another data science and visualization environment
What we offer
- Remote first company
- A salary range between $150,000 – $215,000, depending on experience
- Great compensation package with meaningful equity in a high growth, profitable company, with offers that are competitive to SF Bay Area regardless of your location
- Excellent benefits package that includes health, vision and dental coverage for you, your spouse and dependents
- Monthly grocery / internet stipend
- 401K w/ a match after grace period
- Employee assistance program
- Parental leave
- 4 weeks paid vacation in addition to holidays
- Formal mentorship and training
We’re building a diverse and inclusive work environment where we learn from each other. We welcome and encourage people of diverse backgrounds, experiences, identities, abilities and perspectives to apply. We are an equal opportunity employer and a fun place to work. Come join the team at HealthSherpa.