We’re looking for a Senior Data Scientist to join our Data Insights Engineering team and help us accomplish our mission of improving lives by learning from the experience of every cancer patient. Here’s what you need to know about the role, our team and why Flatiron Health is the right next step in your career.
What You’ll Do
Data Insights Engineering is a diverse and talented team with strong expertise in discovering and understanding customer needs, and rapidly prototyping and iterating on data products. As a Senior Data Scientist on this team, you will work with cross-functional leads to design solutions in a highly ambiguous, impactful, and interesting problem space with a high degree of autonomy. You will synthesize internal and external user feedback to help guide the team’s product roadmap and lead the technical development effort for data products, analytic tools, and algorithms. In addition, you’ll also:
- Immerse yourself in business and technical context to help your team identify opportunities for unlocking new value from our unique data sets
- Rapidly iterate on early stage products where a hybrid skill set of product intuition, customer empathy and technical expertise is essential
- Be responsible for taking nascent product ideas and maturing them into production algorithms and products
- Build and own complex data pipelines using SQL, Python and other data processing tools
- Do this all while mentoring team members and guiding them to tackle bigger and more complex problems
Who You Are
You are an entrepreneurial, customer-focused data scientist, experienced in driving new data capabilities. You are excited by the prospect of rolling up your sleeves to tackle meaningful problems each and every day. You are a kind, passionate and collaborative problem-solver who seeks and gives candid feedback, and values the chance to make a real impact on people’s lives.
- You have at least 4 years of relevant working experience in an analytical and technical capacity
- You have led large, cross-functional initiatives and are excellent at influencing decision-making without authority
- You have collaborated with other technical team members in a production development environment using formal version control and SQL, Python, and/or R
- You have a passion for teaching those of various backgrounds and levels of experience and guiding them as they develop their careers
If this sounds like you, you’ll fit right in at Flatiron.
- You have experience in machine learning
- You have experience in healthcare
- You have experience in open-source software
Why You Should Join Our Team
A career at Flatiron is a chance to work with everyone involved in the future of cancer care and research—all under one roof. Researchers, data scientists, designers, clinicians, technologists and many more all work together to improve cancer care and accelerate research.
At Flatiron, we strive to build and maintain an environment where employees from all backgrounds are valued, respected and have the opportunity to succeed. You’ll also find a culture of continuous learning, broad and inclusive employee support offerings, and a commitment to supporting our team members in all aspects of their lives—at home, at work and everywhere in between. We offer:
- Flatiron University training curriculum which includes presentation skills, meeting mastery, coding languages and more
- Career coaching opportunities
- Hackathons for all employees (not just our engineers!)
- Professional development benefit for attending conferences, industry events and external courses
- Work/life autonomy via flexible work hours and flexible paid time off
- Generous parental leave (16 weeks for either parent)
- Back-up child care
- Flatiron-sponsored fitness classes
Flatiron Health is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.
We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.