We’re looking for a Senior Developer Experience Engineer to join our team at Hypixel Studios, which collaborates remotely from around the world. Our members range from industry newcomers to experts with 25+ years of experience. Team members come from a diverse set of backgrounds, but share a common passion for building polished player-focused, community-powered games.
Join us on our mission to bring players together in an inviting, immersive world where they can make their mark. Hytale empowers creative expression across a spectrum of experiences including sandbox adventure, social play, minigames, and creativity using a suite of powerful and accessible tools.
As an Engineer for the Developer Experience team, you will be a subject matter expert on the mechanics of our development platform. You will be a champion for code quality; local test and build reliability; and developer empowerment.
Who you are:
- You have strong fundamental programming skills that you are flexible in applying across a wide range of languages and environments.
- You love empowering developers by removing friction from the team’s tools and processes
- You know how to balance short term improvements with long term systems development and automation
- You prize the opportunity to mentor and support your colleagues.
Some of your role:
- Work closely with our CI/CD Team to ensure “it works on my machine” translates to “it works on everyone’s machine”.
- Collaborate with game developers across all disciplines (Engineering, Design, Audio, Animation, UX, Art, etc) to streamline and troubleshoot their development workflows.
- Own the design and continuous improvement of such systems as
- Automated IDE configuration and developer onboarding
- Slack Automation
- Local build optimization
- Digital Content Creation pipeline optimization
- 5+ years of professional software development experience.
- 3+ years of experience in analyzing and improving software development workflows.
- Strong experience with Git, Perforce, or other modern version control solutions
- Team-oriented, self-motivated, and autonomous.
- Experience with distributed, incremental build systems (FastBuild, Bazel etc.).Experience with CI/CD and build tools such as Jenkins, TeamCity, CircleCI, etc
- Experience with tooling in the C++ ecosystem (AddressSanitizer, MTuner, Clang-Tidy, Visual Studio, IntelliJ)
- Familiarity with quality tools and techniques such as linters, static analyzers, fuzz testing, memory analysis, etc
We can offer:
- Competitive salary
- Annual Performance Bonus (APB)
- Quality of Life increases
- Christmas closure
- A chance to work on a new game project with an extremely motivated team
- Opportunities to learn and grow personally and professionally
- A stable and secure work environment
- The ability to work remotely