Hi, I’m Kitt, VP of Engineering at Customer.io. I’m looking for an Enablement Engineer to join our growing Engineering team.
Customer.io is looking for a collaborative senior engineer who loves to reduce complexity, improve development velocity, and decrease time to market by providing self-service solutions, engineering standards, and best practices. Our small, remote-first team is fun-loving, passionate, and highly effective. We offer many opportunities to grow and refine your skills while having a significant impact. Other members of our team have backgrounds in various industries, from AdTech to Gaming. We believe that embracing our unique perspectives and expertise is key to our success as a collaborative team.
We value diversity, and, as a distributed company, are committed to giving you the flexibility and freedom to work from anywhere in the world, on a schedule that fits your family and your life.
What you’ll do:
- Develop novel solutions to reduce engineering drag
- Jointly develop and execute a roadmap for solving identified developer productivity challenges
- Work closely with engineering leaders and managers within our company focused on improving quality and reliability
- Build internal processes and tools that optimize the developer experience at Customer.io
- Take an active role in a friendly, supportive team that encourages you and the entire company to grow as individuals, professionals, and teams
- Mentor your coworkers through code review, pair programming, team collaboration, and training to help improve our collective knowledge and best practices together
What we’re looking for:
- A collaborative mindset backed by excellent communication skills and a desire to help us make great decisions in an empathetic and respectful way
- Experience working with engineers and applying a deep understanding of their needs to produce timely solutions to their real-world problems
- Comfort working in UNIX environments and applying modern collaborative development practices.
- Proficiency in Go
- Ability to deliver high-quality solutions quickly and without mentorship
- Experience working within a distributed company is preferred
Our mission at Customer.io is to power automated communication that people like to receive. Today over 4,300+ internet businesses use Customer.io to manage, send, and track performance of email, SMS, push notifications, and in-app messages. Unlike typical marketing platforms, Customer.io helps businesses increase relevance by using behavioral data: what people do or don’t do when logged in to a web or mobile app.
We are offering a starting salary of $118,000 – $167,400 USD depending on experience and subject to market rate adjustment.
Benefits at Customer.io include:
- Unlimited PTO – we encourage 20 vacation days (in addition to holidays and sick days) so that you can unwind, unplug, and recharge
- 100% medical, dental, vision, and supplemental insurance for you and your dependents
- 12 weeks paid parental leave – for birth, adoption, or foster care
- 401k retirement matching – up to 5% dollar for dollar match to retirement contributions
- Health and wellness allowance – Up to $200 USD per month that can be used for your healthy living needs, including gym membership, acupuncture, massage, or bike repairs
- Home office stipend – Up to $2,000 USD to help you get your home office set up so you can do your best work
- Internet + cell phone reimbursement – Up to $200 USD per month for your internet and cell phone plans
- Co-working space reimbursement – Up to $300 USD per month for those times you’d prefer to work in a co-working environment
- Learning + development – Up to $2,000 USD reimbursement per year to use on conferences, books, classes, or workshops – anything that will help you develop your skills
- 1 month paid sabbatical after four years at Customer.io – to treat yourself to a vacation, or spend however you choose
- 1 annual company retreat per year and opportunities to meet in smaller groups throughout the year
- Flexible schedule, work anywhere you want! – as long as you have a reliable internet connection and some overlapping work time with your manager, you can work where and when you want
All final candidates will be asked to complete an employment and education verification authorization form (which allows us to verify your job history and education listed on your resume) as part of our pre-employment process.
Customer.io recognizes the stifling impact of systemic injustice on diverse communities. We commit to using our influence to increase inclusion and equity within the tech industry. We strive to build an inclusive team culture, implement bias-free hiring practices, and develop community partnerships to expand our global impact.
Check out our careers page for more information about why you should come work with us! We are passionate about our core values of Empathy, Transparency, Responsibility, and Awkwardness and are looking for new coworkers to share and build that passion!
How to apply
Apply at the link below and tell us why you’re interested in the position! There is no advantage to applying early so put your best foot forward. We plan to respond to all applicants by December 15 with a status update about your application.
Here’s what you can expect from our hiring process:
- 30 – 45 minute video call with the Hiring Manager
- 1-hour Technical Interview
- 1-hour Working Session
- Final Interview