Community powers direct relationships and one-on-one conversations between Leaders and their Members through text messaging at scale. Launched in 2019 and headquartered in Santa Monica, Calif., Community is breaking new ground in trusted marketing and communications channels by connecting Leaders–global pop culture stars, local community organizers, small business owners and brands–to their Members to drive conversations that convert into actions, sales, revenue and more.
About the Role and Your Impact
As a Senior Development Lead on the Engineering team, you will work in a cross-functional team to build features that drive user growth and retention. Along the way, you’ll hire an autonomous team of cross-disciplinary engineers to develop, iterate, and maintain production-ready software. You and your team will build on top of our cutting-edge event sourcing system that connects our users via SMS messages, mobile and web apps.
You will be working with a distributed, remote-first team that spans across North America, Europe, and beyond. Your day-to-day would be focused on growing a healthy team, writing code, pairing with other engineers, and working with stakeholders to deliver innovative features. Last but not least – we are growth-oriented, both as a company and as individuals: we take learning seriously and invest in growing our skills and our team’s capabilities.
What You’ll Do
- Lead the design and implementation of features with an obsessive focus on solving customer problems and operational excellence
- Work with senior members of technical staff to drive architectural and best practices decisions
- Write code and pair with engineers (more coding responsibilities when the team is small)
- Grow and retain a team of talented, cross-discipline engineers
- Manage your team’s roadmap in collaboration with product managers and designers.
- Establish team goals and objectives.
What You’ll Bring
- 7+ years experience in full-stack development with a recent focus on front-end technologies.
- 2+ years in leading a SaaS growth engineering team
- Experience in running experimentation and A/B testing.
- Ability to organize and communicate complex projects that involve cross-functional stakeholders.
- A track record of shipping on time and at quality in agile environments.
- A positive attitude about what you do
- Bonus: Experience in developing cloud-based CMS systems
Community is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We commit ourselves to inclusivity across race, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, body size, disability, age, and class – in everything we do.