At Perspective, we build the easiest marketing technology for the future. Our customers already generate more than 2 million unique visitors per month on their funnels and we want to continue providing them and their customers with the fastest, most intuitive and simplistic software experience possible. Our current focus is increasing stability and quality of everything we do, in order to be able to scale internationally.
As our first DevOps Engineer, you will have the opportunity and responsibility of managing our high traffic data pipeline. Resolving bottlenecks, ensuring availability and scalability of our services will be at the core of your job. Additionally, you will have the freedom to work on self-initiated projects, together with the team, to evolve the system and its foundation. Together with our engineering team, you will ensure a seamless customer experience on scale.
What you will be doing
- Ensuring constant availability of all funnels (CDN, physical storage)
- Owning the funnel publishing process and optimising along our growth journey
- Increasing scalability and stability of the tracking and publishing pipelines
- Optimising our systems, as well as development processes (e.g., staging environment)
- Ensuring scalable custom domain solutions
- Monitoring the functionality and load of our systems
Within your first 6 months, you will…
- … be able to analyse our current architecture with focus on improving critical bottlenecks
- … be able to understand our systems and integrate your own experiences for further improvements
- … have implemented a systemwide monitoring to continuously be aware of systemwide issues (e.g., faulty tracking of data, offline funnels)
- … have implemented measurable improvements based on your own analyses
Who you are
- You are proactive and love to take ownership for your own projects
- You have a birds-eye-view and are able to recognise business critical bottle-necks
- You work autonomously
- You can think, as well as act strategically
- You are solution-orientated
- You are fluent in English both written and verbal
- You are good at managing projects and interests from various stakeholders as well as finishing projects on time
- You can identify yourself with our four values: Keep growing, be cordial, full transparency & openness, succeed with joy
- You have already worked with high traffic serverless systems
- You have more than 5 years of experience as a DevOps Engineer
- You have already optimised a tracking or data processing system
- You have knowledge of NodeJS, Redis Queue and MangoDB
- You have a general understanding of AWS, Heroku and Fastly
What you can expect at Perspective
- Remote & Freedom | We strongly believe that every work environment needs to be ideal and fitted to the person. For this very reason, all our team members work remotely – in their own much needed way. That’s how we can ensure that all our talents have much freedom to create the best results possible.
- Responsibility, Ownership & Impact | At Perspective, all our team members have a voice. We value every opinion and encourage all to speak their mind. Only with team effort, we can create something great. We believe in our team and therefore, give them much responsibility. Even if we fail, we learn from it, get back up and continue to succeed. It is part of the game and we know it.
- Personal & Professional Growth | Your development is our priority. With our intensive onboarding, feedback talks and trainings, we foster your personal and professional development. One of our core value is “Keep Growing” which we portray in everything we do.
- Best Equipment & Remote Budget | Our company is build on the USP of quality and we want to keep it that way. To keep up the quality, we only provide the best equipment to our team: For example, every new team member receives an Apple MacBook Pro for their work and a monthly remote working budget.
- Team Events | We know working solely remotely can make it difficult to build a strong team spirit. However, at Perspective we focus deeply on team building by hosting various team events throughout the year. We understand the need of interaction face-to-face and strongly encourage it.
- Cordial & passionate team | Last, but not least, we are the most cordial team you can imagine. We love working together, respect each other and always value each others opinions. We care deeply about our team members and are always down for a good virtual after work hangout
You think this job is perfect for you? Apply here via Join. We are looking forward to your application
Please note, due to our company structure and legal restrictions, we are currently only able to employ European citizens.