At Teachable, our mission is to enable creators to transform their knowledge into income and share what they know. Our focus is on driving value for the creators who depend on Teachable to start and grow their businesses, and we’re building an amazing platform and team to support them.
As a Senior Marketing UX/UI Designer at Teachable, you will be responsible for collaborating with Creative, Marketing, Product and other departments to support an extraordinary product that is used by tens of thousands of creators and millions of students. You have deep experience and knowledge of the UX/UI space with a focus on web optimization and testing.
We’re looking for a Senior UX/UI Designer with extensive multi-channel digital experience to tell our brand narrative in a compelling and engaging way. As a key member of the Marketing Team, you’ll work with our Creative Director, Creative Studio Team, Marketing Ops, and other various stakeholders to maintain, build and evolve our marketing site and ever-growing creative ecosystem. You’ll partner closely with our Growth Team to actively drive conversion.
This role will play a crucial role in the expression and experience of our present-state and future marketing site as well as the evolution of our creative ecosystem. You’ll play a major role in how the strategic vision and experience of our marketing site will evolve and manifest itself in the future. You’ll apply your deep experience and understanding of UX/UI to help us craft and optimize our marketing site, come up with strategic creative solutions for web optimizations across a multitude of touch points, and support our pursuit of consistent conversion through rigorous A/B testing.
You have a strong foundation in graphic design principles (typographic mastery!) You’ll bring a passion for design and love for building a visual brand to the table every day to help us create compelling creative work. You have deep experience and passion for digital design and UX/UI. You’ll work in an integrated and holistic way, thinking beyond a single channel; you’re able to translate designs across a multitude of touch points effortlessly to unlock the full potential of every project you touch. You’re skilled at juggling multiple projects at once, prioritizing work effectively and appropriately. While you’re adept at all things digital, you also have experience working in all facets of graphic design. You’re a hybrid designer at heart and are able to leverage your diverse skillset to pivot and support as needed.
You have a portfolio that showcases best-in-class digital work for highly recognized brands. This role will report directly into our Creative Director. You’ll work closely with them to conceptualize and create beautifully crafted creative work across the Teachable ecosystem.
- You will own and lead the design and implementation of our marketing site on a daily basis. You’ll help optimize the user experience and interface of our marketing site and help us A/B test a variety of design solutions across a multitude of pages. You will work with a tight knit team (Growth, Creative, and Marketing Ops) to help build and facilitate the best possible marketing site we can dream of.
- You’ll also apply your expertise of UX/UI across a variety of mediums and touch points to ensure all designs we launch into the world takes into account the most user-friendly and streamlined experience possible.
- Ideate unique ways to bring our brand experiences to life in innovative ways, helping to elevate expectations and standards within the organization.
- You’ll lead and craft compelling digital experiences and successfully translate them across various formats and devices.
- You’re able to explain and communicate ideas and strategies for all creative work clearly and effortlessly.
- You are a natural collaborator; Work closely with a multidisciplinary group of designers, copywriters, marketers, project managers, and producers to bring our creative vision to life. You will also partner closely with cross-functional teams and partners in a variety of projects.
- Manage design processes with outside agency partners, freelancers and contractors; provide thoughtful leadership and feedback in order to accomplish deliverables in a timely manner.
- Keep scalability top of mind throughout all facets of the design process, ensuring that everything we put out into the world is robust, agile and flexible.
- Leveraging our brand guidelines, you’ll develop digital style guides for our marketing site and other digital experiences.
- Work hand-in-hand with our development partners to execute our creative vision for our marketing site with our CMS without compromising quality.
- Lead and spearhead design meetings confidently and effectively to team members, leadership, and executives regularly.
- Provide mentorship and guidance to our more junior designers to help them achieve their best work and provide developmental opportunities while inspiring them to do their best work.
- 7+ years of experience executing best-in-class digital experiences across various digital touch points at an agency or in-house creative team. Both experiences are a plus.
- You have deep experience and understanding of the UX and UI landscape, A/B testing, and web optimization.
- Fluency with a variety of design programs including Adobe Creative Suite, Figma, and Webflow.
- Expert understanding of responsive design and how to translate designs successfully across a variety of formats and devices.
- Outside the box thinker who is inquisitive and proactive in suggesting new ideas, formats, and options in an effort to push innovation forward.
- Some working knowledge of HTML and CSS and other coding languages. You also have the understanding and ability to navigate a variety of CMS platforms and frameworks.
- You have coaching and mentoring experience with directing junior creatives.
- You’re a self-motivated problem solver who’s able to work comfortably with ambiguity; you are able to navigate uncertain situations with ease, plug holes appropriately, communicate with stakeholders effectively, and provide optional solutions when needed.
- You have excellent communication skills, oral and written. You also possess strong interpersonal skills.
- Sophisticated and elevated eye; there’s no detail that gets past you.
- Strong working knowledge of project management softwares (Asana, Jira and Confluence)
- Active engagement and knowledge of current digital design trends.
- You’re a natural collaborator and thrive in challenging and fast-moving situations.
- Understands the fluid and fast-paced world of rapidly growing start-up environments.
- Possess true empathy and sensitivity for others; patient and calm under pressure.
- You’re passionate about what you do and have fun doing it.
Nice To Haves
- You have motion design chops; working knowledge of Adobe After Effects and other industry leading motion graphics software.
- Some understanding of web development and production; able to help guide conversations and research regarding content management systems, front-end development, back-end development.
- Additional experience in other creative mediums other than digital design (3D, video editing, photography, illustration, film, etc.)
Teachable is an instructor-focused platform that empowers creators to build and sell online courses and coaching on any topic-from iOS development to watercolor painting to card tricks. Instructors using our platform have collectively earned more than a billion dollars to date.
Since our founding, we’ve raised more than $12.5 million from top venture investors and were acquired in March of 2020. Teachable is now part of Hotmart Company, a global tech group focused on the Creator Economy, with over 1,300 employees in 8 countries (Netherlands, USA, Brazil, Spain, Mexico, Colombia, France and UK). Hotmart´s mission is to help creators make a living from their passions, using digital products to entertain, help and instruct their audiences.
We’re in an exciting growth phase and we’re continuing to build a diverse team of top-notch talent. We won’t hold you back from reaching your full potential at Teachable; you’ll have the freedom to be an integral member of our tight-knit team, with great benefits and perks. Your work here will directly impact hundreds of thousands of online educators, entrepreneurs, and creatives.
Teachable operates under a hybrid work model, meaning employees (depending on the requirements for the role) may work either fully remote or in-office (or a combination of the two).
Comprehensive Health, Dental, & Vision benefits with options covering up to 100% of monthly premium
Generous Vacation, Personal, and Sick Time
Parental leave, 16 weeks fully paid after three months of service
4% 401(k) with match after three months of service
Supplemental student loan repayment assistance or a professional education stipend
Tax-free commuter benefit
50% gym & wellness match
$250 Donation Match Program
Teachable encourages individuals from a broad diversity of backgrounds to apply for positions. We are an equal opportunity employer, meaning we’re committed to a fair and consistent interview process. Please tell us in your application if you require an accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job.