We believe that small businesses are stronger together and we’re looking for people who are passionate about our mission.
Alignable is North America’s largest small business network with over 6 million businesses in 30,000+ communities. Small businesses give our communities character– generating local jobs and supporting local causes. They’re the heart beat of the global economy representing 50% of GDP and 65% of all new jobs. Their owners are creators, risk-takers, and, always, problem-solvers.
Our mission is to support their ongoing success by providing recommended resources, highly-rated tools, and an engaged, supportive peer network – it’s a difference our members experience every day. Whether it’s hearing from a fellow business owner who’s overcome a similar problem, reading a credible opinion on a vendor, or sourcing great ideas to grow sales, Alignable members can count on each other for empathetic, pragmatic advice.
Led by start-up veterans from Invisalign, Constant Contact, PayPal, Amazon, Vistaprint, and Wayfair, we know how to turn promising ideas into enduring businesses that transform the digital landscape. We’re eager to repeat this success. A remote first company, Alignable launched in 2014 and is venture-backed by Mayfield fund, Recruit Strategic Partners, Saturn Partners, NextView Ventures, Lead Edge Capital and KIC ventures.
Your next great role:
We have a unique opportunity for a customer obsessed, analytical and results oriented marketing leader. We are looking for a Senior Director of Growth Marketing to identify growth and optimization opportunities across the customer lifecycle to drive retention, engagement and revenue. At Alignable, we rely heavily on content and referrals to drive new customers and members and you will build on those experiences to define, create and manage strategic and scalable marketing programs. In this role, you will be in the “driver’s seat” as a key contributor to the success of the business by maximizing revenue generation from our high value paying members as well as increasing retention of new customers.
A day in the life of our Senior Director of Growth Marketing:
- Understand value drivers and create multi-channel, segmented marketing programs to maximize customer outcomes that drive increased retention and upgrades
- Analyze customer data, feedback and insights to inform campaigns that continuously drive the customer to “aha!” moments
- Use simple, concise messaging to help customers quickly achieve success
- Create a robust strategy and supporting programs to increase revenue from newsletter and other sponsorships
- Run marketing campaigns and other growth initiatives end-to-end: design experiments, develop campaign strategy, and drive execution of the campaign through to completion
- Build and inspire a remote growth marketing team and happily roll up your sleeves right alongside them
- Work cross-functionally with product and engineering to meet ambitious growth targets
- Leverage analytics tools to measure effectiveness of activities, ROI and adjust activities based on performance
Experimenting and testing is in your DNA. You have a sense of urgency and are relentlessly focused on getting results but you are just as obsessed with the customer experience and getting them to see value and success.
You thrive in a fast-paced entrepreneurial work environment, are a hands-on driven problem solver, and enjoy devising ways to scale revenue and teams to maximize outcomes. You are an analytical and strategic thinker with high attention to detail, yet have the ability to use intuition and are creative at heart.
- Affinity for small business and/or an entrepreneurial spirit
- 8+ years working in growth-type marketing roles with the ability to drive customers to take action
- Analytical mindset with the ability to capture and share key data and insights and use data to drive marketing strategies and decisions
- A history of creating & executing successful multi-channel segmented marketing campaigns
- Customer empathy
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong relationship skills, demonstrating a positive attitude and the ability to motivate teammates remotely
- Excellent organizational, leadership, persuasion and presentation skills
- Proven ability to drive results, in a fast paced entrepreneurial environment
- Proficient with Marketo, Hubspot, Amplitude, Iterable or similar platforms
What you can expect from us:
Advocacy and encouragement make our online communities great, but they also make Alignable a great place to work IRL. Our culture is dynamic, supportive and offers tremendous opportunities to grow your career together with the business. We offer autonomy, ownership, mentoring and flexibility and are committed to ensuring you enjoy the journey. Every one of our employees and co-ops can directly point to how they’ve made a major impact on the business.
If you want to empower small businesses through a social media network unlike any other, let’s talk.