BentoBox empowers restaurants to own their presence, profits, and relationships. The Hospitality platform disrupts third-party services that come between the restaurant and the guest. BentoBox puts the restaurant first and offers tools that drive high-margin revenue directly through the restaurant’s website. BentoBox is trusted and loved by over 6,000 restaurants worldwide including Union Square Hospitality Group, Eleven Madison Park, The Meatball Shop, Rose’s Luxury and more. Learn more at www.getbento.com.
As part of our Business Operations (BizOps) practice, this role is focused on driving alignment and best-in-class execution for BentoBox, from annual planning to ongoing strategic initiatives. Example projects include facilitating quarterly executive strategy sessions, defining Project Management best-practices, and determining how OKRs should fit into the operating cadence of a rapidly growing organization. This role reports to the COO and will work closely with the executive team.
The right candidate will be able to operate in a fast-paced environment and add process and rigor to the right set of problems in order to create value. You know how to add structure in a way that ensures we are doing the right thing, not just checking boxes. You can think strategically, and yet understand dependencies down to the smallest detail. You are comfortable working cross-functionally and building strong relationships to drive change and influence without authority.
- Facilitate regular cadence of business planning and goal-setting at the executive level, from ideation to KPIs
- Build out a Project Management practice appropriate for a growth-stage startup
- Track progress against goals for key company initiatives and support company-wide communication
- Manage cross-functional strategic projects from end-to-end, ensuring efforts are appropriately prioritized and using data to evaluate and enhance project efficacy
- Leverage a data-driven approach that embraces both quantitative research and qualitative feedback from internal/external stakeholders to drive business outcomes
- Work collaboratively with cross-functional leaders from Marketing, Sales, and Customer Success to ensure work is completed on-time and that each functional area is set-up for long-term success
- Flex and adapt as the organizations’ needs and priorities shift; be willing to play multiple roles to support project execution and enablement
- 6-10 years experience in startup or growth-stage tech company operations
- Team leadership experience, particularly building out a team from scratch
- Best-in-class project management skills
- Adept at understanding root-cause and translating business problems into solution requirements
- Versatile communication skills and executive presence, able to present convincingly from cross-functional meetings to company-all hands
- Excellent facilitation skills, with a track record of building consensus among executive teams
What We Offer
- Competitive salary + equity
- Health insurance (medical, dental, and vision) – BentoBox covers 100% of healthcare premium costs
- 401k plan with company match
- Life insurance and disability plans
- Commuter benefits
- Flexible vacation plan
- Paid parental leave
- Professional development opportunities, including a yearly learning stipend
- Perks when dining with BentoBox customers such as tip reimbursement
- Making a positive impact on the hospitality community
BentoBox is committed to fostering, cultivating and preserving a culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion.
BentoBox provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.