Blockworks is a financial media brand that delivers breaking news and premium insights about digital assets to millions of investors.
Our editorial content, newsletters, podcasts and events provide investors with the critical analysis and information they need to make smarter decisions about digital assets.
Founded in 2018, the Blockworks mission is to advance the digital asset space by onboarding the next wave of investors through world-class information and insights.
We are most well known for our Digital Asset Summit, the leading conference for institutional investors looking at digital assets, our podcast network, which consists of over twenty shows and reaches two million downloads every month, and our daily newsletter.
As a Senior Editor at Blockworks, you will help deliver insights to our audience of investors on a daily basis.
This role is ideal for a writer who has a deep understanding of both digital assets and finance. You will create content that helps our institutional audience understand crypto and develop/host weekly webinars.
In this role, you will:
- Run webinars – develop the content for our webinars, work with clients to create custom topics, source guests, and ultimately host the webinars
- Write engaging pieces on topics that surprise and delight our readers, showing them how the world of crypto really works
- Use social media to share your pieces and grow our audience
- Host a podcast
- Run your your own newsletter
What You’ll Bring
- Deep interest and understanding of crypto and financial markets
- Prior writing and/or research experience
- Ability to write in the Blockworks style (engaging, informative, clever)
- Understanding of how to leverage social media to engage with our audience
- Self-starter attitude with ability to operate in a collaborative environment.
- Combination of attention to detail and creative, strategic thinking
- Ability to operate in a high-pressure startup environment
- A creative approach to storytelling and idea generation
- Experience writing short-form and long-form content
Salary & Benefits
- Competitive pay
- 14 weeks of fully paid parental leave
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- 401(k) plan
- Commuter benefits
- Remote work-station stipend
- Learning stipend
- Team happy hours and outings
- Training & development
- Generous vacation and PTO policy
- A commitment to an open, inclusive, and diverse work culture
What We Need From You
If this sounds like a place you could make your mark, please submit a resume and 3 samples of your best written work.
Please send us a email and link to your at least three (3) pieces you’ve written at firstname.lastname@example.org
We encourage applications from candidates who have succeeded in a startup environment and we welcome candidates from non-traditional backgrounds, with experience outside of journalism.
We’re also open to candidates with different levels of experience.
We are committed to diversity and strongly encourage people from underrepresented communities to apply, including women, people of color, LGBTQ people, and individuals with disabilities.
*Candidates must be legally eligible to work in the United States to be considered for this role
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com