As home to the world’s developers with a broad set of DevOps products from source control and code review, to Actions, Issues, and much more, GitHub is also home to some incredibly interesting and useful data. The Data Platform and Insights team is responsible for making that data accessible and helpful to our users. Our goal is to provide a consistent and intuitive experience for accessing and visualizing data across all GitHub properties, while also supporting sharing metrics and dashboards as you would share code. We aim to help unlock insights from data to improve the software development process, help users and teams explore their usage of tools in a data informed way, and as the world’s largest social-coding platform, build community and collaboration around the use of data and insights.
- Work with the team to understand technical constraints, and develop, communicate, and track against realistic plans to consistently ship products, features, and bug fixes
- Coordinate with engineering, product and design leadership to define and prioritize projects that help us meet business objectives
- Work with the team to build architecturally consistent, high quality software to reliably meet customer needs and exceed their expectations
- Support a highly available service used by millions of users on a daily basis
- Own and advocate for the health and quality of the systems that the team builds, participate in an on-call rotation, and respond to incidents as necessary
- Help cultivate an environment where team members are empowered and demonstrate a strong sense of ownership and belonging
- Help ensure that individuals on the team are learning, growing and advancing in their respective careers through mentorship, pairing, and delegating work that helps them grow
- Drive data driven improvements to both product quality and engineering efficiency
- Build a high performing team of engineers by participating in hiring and sourcing
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- 8 + years experience developing web applications or large scale systems
- Experience in driving results and delivering products through a team
- Experience in building, retaining and growing a strong high performing team
- Experience designing, building and scaling distributed systems
- Experience with maintaining production systems including: monitoring, observability and diagnosing problems
- Strong customer focus and data-driven approach
- Experience effectively contributing to technical strategy and roadmaps
- Have managed a distributed team
- Experience with Git, GitHub, APIs, Data Pipelines and SQL.
- Experience in Ruby, Go or C# (.NET core) is a plus.
Who We Are:
GitHub is the developer company. We make it easier for developers to be developers: to work together, to solve challenging problems, and to create the world’s most important technologies. We foster a collaborative community that can come together—as individuals and in teams—to create the future of software and make a difference in the world.
Customer Obsessed – Trust by Default – Ship to Learn – Own the Outcome – Growth Mindset – Global Product, Global Team – Anything is Possible – Practice Kindness
Why You Should Join:
At GitHub, we constantly strive to create an environment that allows our employees (Hubbers) to do the best work of their lives. We’ve designed one of the coolest workspaces in San Francisco (HQ), where many Hubbers work, snack, and create daily. The rest of our Hubbers work remotely around the globe. Check out an updated list of where we can hire here: https://github.com/about/careers/remote
We are also committed to keeping Hubbers healthy, motivated, focused and creative. We’ve designed our top-notch benefits program with these goals in mind. In a nutshell, we’ve built a place where we truly love working, we think you will too.
GitHub is made up of people from a wide variety of backgrounds and lifestyles. We embrace diversity and invite applications from people of all walks of life. We don’t discriminate against employees or applicants based on gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, race, religion, age, national origin, citizenship, disability, pregnancy status, veteran status, or any other differences. Also, if you have a disability, please let us know if there’s any way we can make the interview process better for you; we’re happy to accommodate!
Please note that benefits vary by country. If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to ask your Talent Partner.