Etsy is the global marketplace for unique and creative goods. We build, power, and evolve the tools and technologies that connect entrepreneurs with buyers around the world. As an Etsy employee, you’ll tackle unique problems alongside talented coworkers committed to Keeping Commerce Human. We’re large enough that you’ll focus on meaningful, complex challenges, but small enough that you can make a rewarding impact.
Etsy is seeking an Engineering Manager to join our Software Engineering organization.
We believe that code is craft and that engineering management is craft as well. The work we do is part of a larger creative culture represented by the hundreds of thousands of inspired artists and designers who make Etsy such a wondrous marketplace. We believe that small, empowered, self-motivated teams can do big, impactful things.
Do you have a passion for metadata, product engineering, and people-first development? If so, this is the role for you!
About the Team
The Knowledge Base team is passionate about and dedicated to building an in-depth understanding of the unique world of Etsy. Our goal is to build, collect, and model product metadata to make sense of millions of unique items and users, enabling Etsy’s teams to craft meaningful, relevant experiences. We are responsible for the end-to-end process of describing, collecting, enhancing and serving product metadata to our internal partner teams.
We’re a multi-functional group of engineers, researchers, designers, data scientists, and product managers.
This is a full-time role located in our Brooklyn or San Francisco offices, or Remote within the United States.
For candidates who will work remotely from Colorado, visit this link for information related to Colorado’s Equal Pay for Equal Work Act.
About the Role
- Lead teams to build great products. Engineering managers at Etsy play a small part in the hands-on process of building software, but a very large part in empowering engineers to succeed
- Participate in the end-to-end recruiting process, hiring and on-boarding exceptional engineering talent
- Collaborate with other engineering teams across Etsy to advocate for and drive change on behalf of your team
- Partner cross-functionally with product managers, designers, and analytics to ensure that your team is delivering value for our users
- Facilitate continuous learning and improvement for your team
- Can facilitate great technical decision-making across a broad technical stack, having passion for the technical aspects of your work, but a desire to let engineers drive the details
- Know how to apply process judiciously to amplify your team’s work and deliver great products more effectively
- Thrive in a deeply collaborative environment where you partner with other cross-disciplinary leaders to achieve great results
- Have the ability to make data driven decisions in the face of ambiguous or changing priorities and goals
If you’re interested in joining the team at Etsy, please send a cover letter and resume telling us why you’d be right for the position. As you’ve hopefully seen already, Etsy is a place that values individuality and variety. We don’t want you to be like everyone else — we want you to be like you! So write to us and tell us what you’re all about.
At Etsy, we believe that a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace makes us a more relevant, more competitive, and more resilient company. We encourage people from all backgrounds, ages, abilities, and experiences to apply. Etsy is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ancestry, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or family status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, pregnancy or caregiver status, veteran status, or any other legally protected status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations to participate in the job application and interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. While Etsy supports visa sponsorship, sponsorship opportunities may be limited to certain roles and skillsets.