The senior finance leader, reporting to our President & Co-Founder will help Opendorse by leading financial strategy and operations, implementing and scaling financial processes and systems, and improving the overall finance function. This executive will be involved in long-range planning and ensuring the organization is well-positioned to accomplish its strategic goals. This executive will have a substantial impact in enhancing the overall development and value of the business.
The ideal candidate will have +10 years of senior financial management experience, progressively moving into more strategic areas like M&A, FP&A, and deal analysis. Experience with early-stage technology start-ups is critical with a preference for those from eCommerce, vertical marketplace and fintech organizations. Ideally they will be an executive who understands the complex issues of a fast-growing enterprise. This executive will have an outstanding track record and reputation for their financial acumen, business judgment, leadership skills and integrity. They will thrive as Opendorse’s marketplace takes inevitable turns.
Strategic Planning & Enterprise Leadership
- Partner with the CEO and the senior leadership team in developing and executing the company’s strategic direction.
- Develop the forecast, budget, and long range plan, ensuring alignment of strategy and proper resource allocation.
- Develop models and lead the work around analyses that identify critical trends, support strategic decision making and create forward visibility.
- Drive change within the organization through robust financial analysis and strong business partnership.
- Lead the capital investment and budgeting processes.
- Actively identify and research new and alternative options to grow the business; provide due diligence, financial analysis and guidance for these options.
- Clearly identify the key drivers of the business; develop performance measures that support the company’s strategic direction.
- Manage the production of reporting tools (scorecards, etc.) and key performance metrics to provide management insight into revenue and operating expense trends, track project spending, people and potential risks/opportunities to forecast or plan.
- Manage the accounting/control, tax, regulatory, and treasury functions of finance, and ensure that best in class business and financial processes are integrated across the organization.
- Construct and monitor reliable control systems.
- Oversee all financial reporting, ensuring it is delivered according to agreed business cadence to the President/COO and executive leadership team, and always executed with precision and accuracy.
- Prepare financial results to the board of directors on a monthly/quarterly basis.
- Support a culture of integrity, ethics, and transparency.
- Build and lead a high performing finance and accounting organization.
- Ensure that appropriate technical and functional bench strength is developed in the finance group.
- Maintain a high level of motivation, collaboration, entrepreneurial spirit and energy, and morale.
Opendorse, the NIL company, is the leading technology provider in the athlete endorsement industry. More than 70,000 athletes use Opendorse to understand, build, and monetize their name, image, and likeness (NIL) with support from thousands of brands, fans, sponsors, donors and partners including the PGA TOUR, NHL, NFLPA, MLBPA, WNBPA, LPGA, over 100 professional and collegiate sports teams.
In 2022, the Opendorse Marketplace is the leading NIL destination for athletes. Fans, Brands, Sponsors, Donors and more can connect with athletes to complete deals, manage their NIL, and secure payment. For Student Athletes, the Opendorse marketing, education, and compliance platform serve as an all-in-one NIL solution.