Bitwarden promotes better internet security and safety with an open source password management solution for individuals, teams, and business organizations. We truly care about our worldwide community of Bitwarden users and want them to have the best experience while accessing their sensitive information online.
We are looking for a Sr. Front End Developer who excels in React.js and has experience with Gatsby and Contentful integrations. You will help shape the future of our web infrastructure by implementing new features and functionality into our website while leveraging the Bitwarden design system. You will also coordinate with the team to help scale the website, improve performance, and optimize experience. An open and collaborative atmosphere is encouraged at Bitwarden.
This is an all-remote team and this position reports to the Design Director based on the Marketing team.
- Develop/maintain a Gatsby-Contentful-Netlify web infrastructure, including the day-to-day management of the website
- Build reusable front-end components using Chakra UI
- Translate designs and wireframes into high-quality code
- Optimize components for maximum performance across web-capable devices
- Oversee Contenful expansion and improvement
- Provide architectural guidance for infrastructure
WHAT YOU BRING TO BITWARDEN
- Thorough understanding of React.js and its core principles
- Experience with Contentful content models a must
- Familiarity with newer specifications of EcmaScript
- Familiarity with RESTful APIs
- Knowledge of modern authorization mechanisms, such as JSON Web Token
- Familiarity with modern front-end build pipelines and tools
- Experience with front-end development tools such as Babel, Webpack, NPM, etc.
- Ability to understand and translate business requirements into technical requirements
- A knack for benchmarking and optimization
- Git version control a must
- Testing, testing, testing
- Markdown experience a must
- Angular experience a plus
- Collaborative and adaptable mindset
- Openness and authenticity combined with excellent communication skills
- Excitement and enthusiasm for open source and for better internet security
- Excellent problem-solving skills – you might not know all the answers but you know how to find and communicate the solution
WHAT TO EXPECT IN THE INTERVIEW PROCESS
Selected candidates will be invited to schedule an introduction call and potentially progress through the following stages:
- Interview with the Design Director
- Interview/s with team members on Marketing and Engineering
- Reference calls
- Interview with CEO
Successful candidates will be asked to authorize and complete a background check. We do not discriminate based on having a criminal record and we encourage candidates to be open with us about anything that may come up on the report so we can discuss in advance and determine impact on the role and company.
A FEW REASONS TO WORK WITH US
- Our user community loves us and we love them. Come to work each day with a sense of purpose as we bring a more secure internet experience to everyone from our friends and family to the world’s largest organizations.
- Become an expert. You’ll get immersed in the prominent technology markets of security and open source software.
- We are dedicated to building a diverse and talented team. Work remotely with motivated and supportive team members across the world and take part in productive and fun meetups.
- Learn and grow. Take on new challenges with the support of your team, and join our #growth-club to continue personal and professional development.
We recognize and understand that people come with a wealth of experience and talent beyond just the technical requirements of a job. If you don’t meet 100% of the qualifications for the position, you should still consider applying. Diversity of experience and skills combined with passion is a key to innovation and excellence; therefore, we encourage people from all backgrounds to apply. Please let us know if you require accommodations during the interview process.
A note to outside sourcers: We do not accept solicitations from recruiters, recruiting agencies, headhunters, or outsourcing organizations. Please remove us from all such contact lists.