Hi, I’m Julia, Engineering Manager at Customer.io. I’m looking for a Front-End Engineer to join our growing Engineering team.
We’re looking for a product-focused Front-End Engineer to build fast, intuitive interfaces in Ember.js. In this role, you’ll have a direct impact on the product with a high degree of ownership and freedom. We understand that you might not have all the skills we’ve listed, and that’s okay. If you have a combination of some of the items listed and you’re interested in developing in the others, we want to hear from you!
Our small, remote-first team is fun-loving, passionate and highly effective. We offer a lot of opportunity to grow and refine your skills while having a significant impact. Other members of our front-end team have backgrounds in a wide variety of industries, from creative agencies to education, and we believe that embracing our unique perspectives and expertise is key to our success as a collaborative team.
We value diversity, and as a distributed company are committed to giving you the flexibility and freedom to work from anywhere in the world, on a schedule that fits your family and your life.
What you’ll do:
- Contribute to and maintain our growing design system,
- Collaborate with the product, design, and backend engineering teams throughout the development of front-end features,
- Learn, practice, and share with your coworkers through code review, pair programming, team collaboration, and training to help improve our collective knowledge and best practices together,
- Work with our tech support teams to diagnose operational issues and help our customers to achieve their goals with our product.
What we’re looking for:
- A collaborative mindset backed by excellent communication skills and a desire to help us make great decisions in an empathetic and respectful way,
- Experience working with customers and applying a deep understanding of their needs to produce timely solutions to their real-world problems,
- A solid understanding of how to create front-end web applications that are both accessible and performant,
- Comfort working in UNIX environments and applying modern collaborative development practices,
- Experience working within a distributed company is preferred.
Our mission at Customer.io is to power automated communication that people like to receive. Today over 3,800 internet businesses use Customer.io to manage, send, and track performance of email, SMS, and push notifications. Unlike typical marketing platforms, Customer.io helps businesses increase relevance by using behavioral data: what people do or don’t do when logged in to a web or mobile app.
Benefits at Customer.io include:
We are offering a starting salary of $93,000 – $165,000 USD depending on experience and subject to market rate.
- Unlimited PTO – we recommend 20 vacation days (in addition to holidays and sick days) so that you can unwind, unplug, and recharge
- 100% medical, dental, vision, and supplemental insurance for you and your dependents
- 12 weeks paid parental leave – for birth, adoption, or foster care
- 401k retirement matching – up to 5% dollar for dollar match to retirement contributions
- Health and wellness allowance – up to $200 USD per month that can be used for your healthy living needs, including gym membership, acupuncture, massage, or bike repairs
- Home office stipend – up to $2,000 USD to help you get your home office set up so you can do your best work
- Internet + cell phone reimbursement – up to $200 USD per month for your internet and cell phone plans
- Co-working space reimbursement – up to $300 USD per month for those times you’d prefer to work in a co-working environment
- Learning + development – up to $2,000 USD reimbursement per year to use on conferences, books, classes, workshops, and passion projects – anything that will help you develop your skills
- 1 month paid sabbatical after four years at Customer.io – to treat yourself to a vacation, or spend however you choose
- Company retreats twice a year – we typically get together IRL every spring and fall, but most recently had an amazing virtual retreat!
- Flexible schedule, work anywhere you want! – as long as you have a reliable internet connection and some overlapping work time with your manager, you can work where and when you want
All final candidates will be asked to complete an employment and education verification authorization form (which allows us to verify your job history and education listed on your resume) as part of our pre-employment process.
Customer.io recognizes the stifling impact of systemic injustice on diverse communities. We commit to using our influence to increase inclusion and equity within the tech industry. We strive to build an inclusive team culture, implement bias-free hiring practices, and develop community partnerships to expand our global impact.
Check out our careers page for more information about why you should come work with us! We are passionate about our core values of Empathy, Transparency, Responsibility, and Awkwardness and are looking for new coworkers to share and build that passion!
How to apply
Apply at the link below and tell us why you’re interested in the position! In your cover letter, be sure to tell us the title of the last book you read. There is no advantage to applying early so put your best foot forward. We plan to respond to all applicants before April 29 with a status update about your application.
Here’s what you can expect from our hiring process (though the order is subject to change):
- 30 minute video call with Natalie, our Technical Recruiter
- 45 minute video call with Julia, our Engineering Manager
- 60 minute Technical Interview with two potential teammates
- Take Home Assignment and review with Zack + Richard
- Final Interview with Kitt, VP of Engineering