Teachable is looking for a Senior Frontend Engineer to join our Automation team. The team’s mission is to enable Teachable to become a platform that seamlessly interoperates and coordinates with our creator’s workflow by providing them with tools like a publicly accessible API, webhook integrations, SSO, and third party plugins and integrations. The team recently launched our Public API, and is currently working on creating an event driven architecture and building out a developer program.
At Teachable, our technology organization works in cross-functional pods that are autonomous; each member on the team has a voice in the team’s roadmap that ladders up to the wider company goals. We have cross-team guilds, such as our Frontend Guild, that encourages knowledge sharing and collaboration across the organization. We prioritize continuous improvements to our technology stack and value paying down tech debt regularly to enable us to build for the future.
We are looking for someone (We encourage you to apply regardless of “checking all the boxes” below):
- 4+ years of experience building front end applications, with a keen eye towards responsive and accessible user experiences
- Experience with REST API development and best practices for API design
- Familiar with agile practices to deliver sustained incremental value for users
- Value working as part of a team and collaborating with other team members, not afraid to ask questions
- Have a growth mindset and are open to receiving feedback without ego and giving feedback blamelessly
What you’ll be doing:
- Build high impact and accessible user experiences with our frontend tech stack, using Typescript, React, and Jest
- Work on a cross-functional pod and collaborate with engineers, product managers, designers, and QA engineers to build high-quality products
- Actively contribute to each step in the feature delivery life cycle, from discovery, planning, implementation, and launch
- Advocate for best practices and mentor other engineers on the team through pairing, code reviewing, and active knowledge sharing
- Lead frontend technical design and architecture conversations to help iteratively evolve our tech stack
- Help drive technical direction to enable our customers access third party tools, plugins, or extensions on Teachable
- Write clean, readable, well-tested code that is maintainable and scalable
- Participate in the team’s on-call support rotation
- Contribute and shape the overall culture and collaboration practices of the team and broader engineering organization
Teachable is an instructor-focused platform that empowers creators to build and sell online courses and coaching on any topic-from iOS development to watercolor painting to card tricks. Instructors using our platform have collectively earned more than a billion dollars to date.
Since our founding, we’ve raised more than $12.5 million from top venture investors and were acquired in March of 2020. Teachable is now part of Hotmart Company, a global tech group focused on the Creator Economy, with over 1,300 employees in 8 countries (Netherlands, USA, Brazil, Spain, Mexico, Colombia, France and UK). Hotmart´s mission is to help creators make a living from their passions, using digital products to entertain, help and instruct their audiences.
Teachable is continuing to build a diverse team of top-notch talent. We won’t hold you back from reaching your full potential at Teachable; you’ll have the freedom to be an integral member of our tight-knit team, with great benefits and perks. Your work here will directly impact hundreds of thousands of online educators, entrepreneurs, and creatives.
Teachable operates under a hybrid work model, meaning we give our employees the flexibility to work from home or from one of our offices at their leisure (unless otherwise mentioned in a job description).
Comprehensive Health, Dental, & Vision benefits with options covering up to 100% of monthly premium
Generous Vacation, Personal, and Sick Time
Parental leave, 16 weeks fully paid after three months of service
4% 401(k) with match after three months of service
Supplemental student loan repayment assistance or a professional education stipend
Tax-free commuter benefit
50% gym & wellness match
$250 Donation Match Program
Teachable encourages individuals from a broad diversity of backgrounds to apply for positions. We are an equal opportunity employer, meaning we’re committed to a fair and consistent interview process. Please tell us in your application if you require an accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job.