Who You Are
- You have 5+ years of hands-on experience building complex, data-rich web applications.
- You have a deep understanding of CS fundamentals, a passion for modern web technologies, and a demonstrated fluency with object-oriented and functional programming languages.
You have experience and interest in at least one of our areas of focus:
- Frontend development with Typescript, React, Redux, RxJS, or similar languages and frameworks
- Backend development with NodeJS, Apollo GraphQL, SQL, Redis, or similar languages and frameworks
- HTML5 Canvas-based image and video editing
- Tiled Imagery and geospatial analysisReal-time collaboration and productivity software
- Browser network protocols and security best practices
- Machine learning principles and data pipeline developmentIn-depth knowledge of multimedia file formats and encoding standards
- Pain-free local development with automated tooling for productivity and reliability; familiarity with Webpack, Docker, Kubernetes is a big plus
What We Value
- You have a track record of delivering complex, cross-functional projects.
- You are able to balance owning and delegating technical design decisions and make tradeoffs to move quickly while producing quality code.
- You care deeply about building a highly reliable and desirable tool for our customers. To do so, you apply a constant and committed approach to learning and growing in your art.
- You believe in applying your craft to practical problems and value having a meaningful impact in an exciting, growing field.
- You thrive in a remote-first environment and can be relied on to strike a balance between focused, individual effort and effective collaboration. You are able to communicate clearly and concisely on technical problems and solutions across a variety of mediums.
- You are excited to be part of a strong culture that promotes inclusive collaboration and fierce trust in each other.
- You deeply value working on such a team and see yourself actively contributing to the culture, practices, and standards of the team.
What You Will Accomplish
- You will push the boundaries of what is possible in a browser, squeezing out every last ounce of performance available to build the world’s most powerful and performant, secure and stable training data platform.
- You will overcome tricky technical challenges and pioneer new uses of web technologies powering the features that enable our customers to make breakthroughs and advance the field of artificial intelligence.
- You will make hands-on contributions and partner with a passionate and talented group of engineers, designers, and product managers to define, scope, and build critically valuable and innovative features in our core product.
- You will develop clean, beautiful code and leave it better than you found it.
- You will shape the future of Labelbox by hiring and recruiting more amazing and talented people and joining with them to promote a culture of technical excellence and constant growth through mentorship and guidance.