Senior Frontend Software Engineer – Remote within the US or In Office (UT, PA, CA)
Nav is democratizing small business financing. In other words, we give small business owners access and control. Yes, this challenges the norm, but it means working with curious, purpose driven, dedicated, and inquisitively smart people who push themselves, our company and the community to the next level (and every level after that). We are the people behind the tech. And when it’s good, we look for better. We don’t over think the value we bring nor spend time trying to revamp mantras. We also do not come up with some crafty way to tell you who we are and what we offer. We are Nav! Here, you’ll gain a wealth of experience, learn the tricks of the trade, and work with winners. All companies say people are connected to their mission but in our case our mission and our people are one – it is a way of being not just a cause you are committed to. And since 2013, Nav has holistically and organically developed its own ideology because Nav can only be Nav.
WHAT WE EMPOWER YOU WITH:
- Producing unit and end-to-end tests so that we are continually improving code quality and maximizing code coverage for new and existing features.
- Owning and ideating on technical solutions for product requirements and user stories with minimal supervision.
- Communicating engineering concepts and efforts cross functionally with: product, marketing, operations, senior leaders, sales and business development, legal, and compliance.
- Owning and driving high-level features from planning through implementation. You are involved in all stages of the software development lifecycle, and constanly solving complex technical/business problems.
- Working cross functionally to understand product requirements, evaluate trade-offs, and deliver solutions needed to build innovative and disruptive products.
- Keeping your skills relevant for the future by leveraging best in class tech stacks, code pairing, cross functional project opportunities, and courses that help build your business accumen.
WHAT YOU BRING TO THE TABLE:
- You’ve developed and shipped user-facing features using component-based UI frameworks.
- You’re excited and interested about future trends and best practices in front-end architecture, including performance, security and usability.
- You love working with user centered design life cycles, and collaborating closely with designers, engineers, product managers, and customers.
- You are the go to person where ever you work because you write high quality code, and you constantly exceed the needs of your customers.
- You can easily grasp programming patterns and concepts, and aren’t afraid to share your ninja skill set with other developers.
- You are a quick adopter of new features as the technologies we use continue to evolve.
- You aren’t afraid to experiment with better solutions to deliver faster and more functional code.
- You have a background in Financial Services, Ecommerce or other B2C/B2B industries where providng a personalized customer solution is desired.
WHO YOU ARE:
- You have an entrepreneurial mindset, with a bias towards user-centric innovation.
- You are comfortable operating on both strategic and tactical levels, simultaneously acting as an internal ambassador, educator, analyst, solutions architect, and implementer.
- You are constantly researching and assessing companies’ best practices through networking and strategic partnerships.
- You have an affinity for a hyper-growth business.
- You are flexible and respond quickly and positively to shifting demands and opportunities; ability to work under tight deadlines and plan, organize and carry out multiple, detailed tasks.
- You are an influencer with strong business and financial acumen – you find the intersections between technical operations & company strategy.
- You have excellent analytical, decision making and complex problem-solving skills.
INCLUSION AT NAV:
At Nav, we celebrate what makes our employees unique because the businesses we serve are progressively diverse and distinctly original. Navericks are diverse, side hustlers, immigrants, veterans, queer, and we push generational boundaries. We are college dropouts, PhDs, special needs parents, allies, pet owners and community leaders. Navericks are human. We are committed to upholding a safe, supportive environment where everyone matters. We are committed to making a better future for all of us. We have created a workplace where people of all backgrounds can express their identities authentically. To put it simply we want you to be proud to be you.
OUR COMPENSATION PHILOSOPHY IS SIMPLE BUT POWERFUL.
We believe great, enduring relationships are grounded in trust and transparency. Compensation shouldn’t be a distraction, and employees should understand how pay and career advancement decisions are made. Providing equal pay for equal work is table stakes for being a great place to work. Gender and ethnic inequity should only be something that our children read about in history books. We believe providing Navsters with company ownership, competitive pay, and a range of meaningful benefits is the start of creating a culture where people want to give the best they’ve got — not because they’re simply making money, but because they’ve fallen in love with our vision, mission, values, and team.
OUR IMPACT ON YOU:
Competitive Pay. Company Ownership. Unlimited Vacation. 401k and HSA company match. Benefits Day One. 6 Weeks Paid Parental Leave. Work From Anywhere (yes we were distributed before it was cool). Flexible Work Arrangements. Free Telehealth and Telemental Health For All Employees. Employee Networking and Events. Community Network Groups (Women’s, PRIDE, Culture, Geek). Meaningful Perks and Rewards. Learning and Growth Opportunities.
A NAVERICK’S DNA:
- We look at the future and say “why not”; we see possibilities where others see problems or routines. We show the way ahead and are committed to achieving ambitious goals.
- We practice straight talk and listen generously to each other with empathy. We value different opinions and point of views. We ensure that we connect outside as well as inside to learn from others and inspire each other.
- We hold ourselves accountable for delivering results. We choose to not to be a victim of circumstance. We make decisions & take responsibility so that we can act & support each other, rather than adopting defensive, and “finger pointing” behaviors.
- As leaders, we motivate & engage our teams to undertake beyond what they originally thought possible, by developing our teams & creating the conditions for people to grow and empower themselves through enabling & coaching.