Facet is disrupting the wealth management industry. Our innovative technology and unique planner model allow us to deliver high quality financial planning services to the 33 million mass affluent households in the US. As a company, our goals are to:
- Help millions of Americans achieve their financial goals through high quality financial advice previously unavailable to them
- Build the next generation of financial planning and financial life management tools that redefine how wealth management services are delivered
- Create a company culture that is as fun as it is stimulating
Our Promise to You
- A-players: Life is too short to work with people who aren’t rockstars
- Data Wins: We are objective to a fault
- Integrity: Helping people with their money requires incredible trust. We do not take this lightly.
- Everyone Has a Voice: Great ideas can come from anywhere. We will always listen
- Continuous Improvement: we commit to always asking how we can be better, in everything that we do (including the hiring process!)
What we Believe
- We’re here to deliver amazing client experiences. No matter the role at Facet, we are all 100% committed to excellence in service of our clients.
- Every single member of our team needs to be an active participant in helping to improve and evolve our business. We take great pride in being the stakeholders and builders of our destiny
- Perfection is the enemy of progress. We rapidly iterate to learn as quickly as possible.
- Change is not only something we tolerate, but something we embrace. Transformative change is critical to our growth and success and we all thrive off of it.
- We take our mission seriously, but also remember to have fun!
- Everyone belongs: bringing your authentic self to table is what makes you unique and thus Facet unique. We encourage you to be authentically yourself, every single day.
As a Full Stack Developer at Facet Wealth, you will work with our Engineering & Product teams, playing a critical role in developing world class commercial software used by our lead planners & clients. Our goals are focused on developing a product to improve the financial lives of millions.
We expect you to be proficient in modern front and back end tools and development methodologies. You must be interested in learning new languages, technology stacks, tackling large and complex problems, and the ability to work both independently and in a peer programming environment.
Tremendous growth potential exists at Facet – your growth opportunities are virtually unlimited. We are truly passionate about helping realize our team members’ potential through active mentorship. We value drive, ownership, and commitment as we grow our company.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Education: BS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or a related field, OR equivalent experience
- Experience: 5+ years of experience with full stack web development
- Go, Java, .NET Core, Node.js, or other web-development framework
- Object-Oriented languages and knowledge of OO paradigms
- Developing and consuming RESTful APIs
- Relational databases using SQL (MySQL, PostgreSQL, etc) and ORM layers
- Software development best practices (git, testing/QA, etc)
- Experience with Agile/Scrum methodology
- Desire to push oneself to learn and grow on a daily basis
- Desire and ability to work both independently and in a pair programming environment
- Desire and ability to receive direct feedback and mentorship
Preferred Skills and Experience:
- Experience with Go and React.js
- Experience developing microservices
- Experience with AWS
- Experience with The Clean Architecture
- Experience using frontend toolchains such as Webpack, Gulp, or Grunt
- Experience with testing (unit, integration, regression, performance)
- Experience with responsive design and browser testing
- Familiarity with Linux
- Familiarity with Docker
- Familiarity with Kubernetes
- Competitive salary and equity: we pay up for great talent
- Unlimited vacation: we trust you
- All the benefits: medical, dental, and vision insurance, 401(k) with employer match, short and long term disability coverage (paid by Facet), life insurance options and paid maternity and paternity leave (oh, and a dedicated financial planner)
- Certification reimbursement program (side note: We want our team members to have a constant desire to improve personally and professionally!).
- Work with a passionate and dedicated team: see our A-player credo above
- Take a shot at helping millions of people live better financial lives