We believe in having a transparent hiring process to provide a fair and inclusive experience to all our candidates.
Our team is dedicated to ensuring you have a great candidate experience, and that starts with outlining our hiring process from start to finish so you know what to expect every step of the way (no surprises!)—click here to learn more!
Are you an experienced Full Stack Engineer looking for new challenges? Does the idea of joining a rapidly growing tech company excite you? You bring lots of experience to a team and are motivated to mentor others to help them grow. Are you looking for an opportunity to contribute to an impactful product while being able to work on big ideas? You’ll find that at Thinkific!
As a Senior Full Stack Engineer, you will work closely with our engineering, product management and product design team to help translate business requirements and specifications into delivered platform features. You will work across our application stack to ensure business milestones are met while also investigating, assessing and fixing defects within the product. You’ll also be a source of mentorship and will help to support the growth and development of other team members.
In this role, you will:
- Lead medium-large feature projects in our agile environment, from conception to completion, working with stakeholders to identify project risks and recommend mitigating solutions
- Effectively diagnose and troubleshoot problems within the Thinkific platform
- Participate in architectural design, review, and implementation of production-quality features
- Participate in effort and complexity estimation for new/proposed product features and tasks
- Share knowledge with others through mentorship, clear documentation, code reviews, pair programming, and training sessions
- Work with your team to conduct new technology research; bring fresh ideas and concepts to bear on product development
- Be part of an on-call rotation for our product
To be successful in this role, you must:
- Have 5+ years of experience working in a full stack development role, and at least 1+ years of experience working in a SaaS environment
- Have experience with CSS processors such as PostCSS, Sass, or Less
- Showcase the ability to design and implement RESTful or GraphQL services
- Have experience with MVC-style web application architecture and web server technologies like WebSockets, Nginx, etc.
- Have experience with relational databases, SQL and engines like PostgreSQL, MySQL
You might be the person we’re looking for if you:
- Are eager to learn and grow—you’ve likely attended post-secondary education, continue to seek opportunities to level up your skills or have equivalent professional experience in a similar role
- Read our How we build at Thinkific blog and are excited about how we work, Blue Sky Week and the challenges we are solving for our customers
- Have advanced knowledge of modern server-side programming languages (Ruby, Python, Node, etc.)
- Are knowledgeable and experienced with modern web frameworks (Ruby on Rails, Django, ASP.NET MVC, etc.)
Bonus points if you:
- Feel experienced and knowledgeable with NoSQL and key-value database systems handling data at scale.
- Identify as having extensive knowledge and experience with cloud-based server infrastructures, particularly AWS
We’re about the results of online learning and the people along the way! Thinkific is a software platform that enables entrepreneurs to create, market, sell, and deliver their own online courses.
Our mission is no less than to revolutionize the way people learn and earn online by giving them the tools they need to turn their expertise into a sustainable business that impacts both them and their audience. We believe in meaningful, innovative work: we’re building and expanding an incredible product that empowers course creators around the globe while working collaboratively to learn and succeed together. Together, we’ve served over 50,000 course creators and more than 25 million students, and these numbers are growing each day!
Why we think you’ll like working with us:
- Be part of a team of incredibly talented, passionate, and driven people focused on building and innovating on a best-in-class learning platform
- Make an impact with your work—each person has an equal opportunity to contribute to our goals and every day, we get to see how Thinkific is empowering both course creators and their students
- Join one of the fastest-growing companies in Canada and find opportunities to grow in your own career—offering advancement opportunities for our team members is important to us!
- Contribute to Thinkific’s award-winning culture—we’re one of Canada’s Most Admired Corporate Cultures and a certified Great Place to Work!
- We offer competitive salaries, a comprehensive benefits package including health, dental, vision, and mental health coverage, and an Employee and Family Assistance Program to support the wellbeing of you and your family
- Whether you’re at our Vancouver HQ or working from home, you’ll have the opportunity to build meaningful relationships with Thinkers on your team and across the company through team-wide events, meet and greets with new team members, and regular social events
- Have fun with our team, even while we’re working remotely—join us for an online games session, virtual trivia and paint nights, at-home fitness challenges, or even an online coffee brewing demo!
- Get additional health and wellness support through a lifestyle or health spending account to put your dollars where you need it most, whether that’s subsidizing your gym membership, covering out-of-pocket expenses, or getting new gear
- Enjoy our open vacation policy and flexible work environment, because we know the importance of having a great work-life balance (and sometimes, you do your best work in slippers)
- Learn and Grow is one of our values and we take it seriously, providing opportunities through lunch and learns, training, workshops, mentorship, and our $1500 education allowance
- Grow your career AND your family at Thinkific—you’ll be taken care of with our parental leave top-ups as you add to your family
- Meet the many @dogsofthinkific (and yes, they’re as cute and cuddly as they look)
- Work with the hardware you’re most comfortable with, and upgrade or replace your system when you need to with our technology bonus
- Get set up for success, whether that’s at the office or at home. Whether you need a monitor, laptop stand, keyboard, mouse, or even a desk, we’ll work to ensure you have what you need to do your best work
- Be confident bringing your whole self to work—we’re proud to be an inclusive company with a diverse team and values grounded in ethics and equality
- Here at Thinkific, we know that the different perspectives on our team have led to amazing ideas, more innovation, and, ultimately, our success as a company. Our team welcomes applicants of all backgrounds, experiences, beliefs, identities, and statuses. Whoever you are—we can’t wait to meet you!