Fracture is looking for a Sr. Fullstack Engineer to design and implement scalable, resilient, fault-tolerant software architectures. This role will work on solving the complex challenges critical to our business, from extensive API development and integration, to image manipulation and processing for print, from customer-facing web applications to internal administrative and fulfillment software. You will be responsible for developing and maintaining software within the existing application ecosystem, migrating legacy applications to microservices, and building the necessary micro-frontends and aggregate dashboards to support business and customer needs.
At Fracture, we pride ourselves on the degree of autonomy that our Software Development and DevOps teams have. Whether technology stack selection or the strategic development of systems architecture, our skilled team members are brought into the decision-making process from day one. Fracture works in an Agile (Scrum) environment, so you will need to be comfortable working with those concepts and methodologies. A strength in microservice design patterns and data isolation by business needs is crucial to success in this role. Deep familiarity with containerization and CI/CD is invaluable for this role.
Work Location: Remote -or- Alachua, FL
Work Eligibility: Must be eligible and authorized to legally work in the United States and not now or in the near future require sponsorship.
Reports to: Sr. Software Engineering Manager
What’s the gig?
- You will use technologies, languages, and frameworks like NodeJS, Express, React, Python, Docker, REST, and GraphQL to produce public and private APIs, e-commerce experiences, internal dashboards, and complex applications built as microservices and microfrontends
- You will develop both real-time and asynchronous applications, making use of event messaging, queuing, caching strategies, and API gateways
- You will design data models and extend existing data models in both relational and NoSQL databases as appropriate to the project needs
- You will develop and document both internal and external APIs, and you will build internal services to integrate with SaaS APIs
- You will work with DevOps and other team leads to develop best practices for microservice development and cloud infrastructure for deployment
- You will continue to enhance and extend Fracture’s overall application level security posture for delivered software and infrastructure
- You will have the opportunity to mentor junior developers, while working collaboratively with other senior engineers
- At this level of seniority, the team will rely on your existing specialization where applicable across frontend, backend, full-stack, or DevOps
What’s it take to be successful?
Advanced to Expert skills, experience and/or understanding of:
- At least one front-end framework (React, Vue, etc)
- CMS Systems and E-Commerce platforms (custom or SaaS)
- API development and integration
- Database concepts (indexing, normalization, schemas, etc), relational databases, NoSQL and document databases, memory-store databases
- Object-Oriented Programming (Polymorphism, Inheritance, Encapsulation, Classes, and Objects)
- At least one cloud hosting platform (AWS preferred)
- Test Driven Development and testing frameworks (Jest, Mocha, Chai)
- Version Control (Git preferred)
- Software architecture and design
- Agile principles at the organizational and software development levels, in coordination with broader DevOps and DevSecOps principles
- Docker and Kubernetes
Intermediate skills, experience and/or understanding of:
- At least one Web Server (Nginx, Node, Apache)
- The IDEALS model of microservice architecture patterns, especially including Domain-Driven Design and Event-Driven Architectures
- API documentation (OpenAPI 3.0)
- Build packages (Grunt, Gulp, Webpack)
- CSS Frameworks (Bulma, Bootstrap)
Required to be considered for this position:
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field and 5+ years of experience in software development, or 7+ years of experience
Preferred but not required:
- 7+ years of experience in software development
- 3+ years of experience with microservice development and deployment
- 3+ years of experience with React, Vue, or Angular
- 2+ years of experience with Kubernetes and Docker
Fracture, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer, Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran/LBGTQ – proudly embracing diversity in all of its manifestations. Applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application and/or interview process should notify a representative of the Talent Management Department.