Marco Polo is a video chat app created for one simple and significant purpose—to help people feel close.
We’re currently seeking a Senior Growth Product Manager to join our product-centric Growth team focused on driving subscription conversion, retention, and user acquisition. A great candidate for this role is a data-driven, analytical thinker with mobile growth and product management experience and a passion for identifying opportunities to solve customer needs and drive business impact. This role will report to our Head of Growth and sit on our Growth team.
In this position, you will:
- Operationalize the Growth Roadmap: You’ll partner with other members of the Growth team to implement the roadmap that will enable us to achieve our purpose at scale. As part of this you’ll be responsible for leading a cross-functional project team to achieve key goals and initiatives. You’ll be responsible for ensuring this cross-functional team has the alignment, clarity and tools needed to consistently execute on the team’s goals, on time and with high quality.
- Support building a data-driven, learning organization: You’ll assist with building systems and processes to help us effectively, efficiently and consistently achieve our Growth roadmap. As part of this you’ll work with the Head of Product Growth to set up the tools needed to be able to collect and analyze data real-time and run experiments. You’ll lead the team to execute experiments and interpret insights to develop actionable changes and initiatives that both engage current users and reach new audiences.
- Champion our purpose: You will help Marco Polo be a pioneer as one of the first consumer communications digital platforms to build a sustainable business model without selling user data or ads and while creating products that are built to be good for you. You will help bring these industry-forward ideas to market with expert guidance and skillful project management.
Ideally, you have:
- 5+ years of relevant Product Management experience, 2+ years focused on driving Growth or Revenue initiatives.
- 2+ years in a consumer tech company using the product, and potentially marketing, as the driver of growth.
- Demonstrated Product Management experience working on areas such as in-funnel conversion and audience segmentation.
- Familiarity with BI tools (we use Amplitude) coupled with the ability to interpret data findings and turn them into actionable business insights.
- A strong track record of seeking alignment and building strong partnerships with Engineering, Design, Data Analytics and Marketing teams.
- Startup/E-Commerce/SaaS experience is a plus.
You’ll love working here because:
- We’re a purpose-driven company making a difference in the lives of millions of people.
- We have been doing the remote work thing long before it became necessary. We’re good at it and we’ll make sure you are too!
- We move quickly so you’re constantly learning and things never get stale.
- We know good ideas come from everywhere, so we work to ensure every person feels safe to take risks and think outside of the box.
- We offer competitive compensation, including equity, and we’ve got you covered when it comes to your health (medical, vision, dental), finances, and your family (paid family leave).
A bit about us:
Marco Polo is private video chat for your real relationships – not the entire world. Our video chat app allows you to send a video message at your convenience, and your friend or family member can send back whenever they can. With millions of people already benefiting from this new way of using technology to nurture their relationships, we’re proving that we can reject harmful but profitable business practices and build products that are good for you.
In June 2020, we launched Marco Polo Plus, a subscription plan that offers a premium experience. We aim to be a sustainable business while remaining free in a way that upholds our brand promise to be good for you. Plus delivers on our promise to monetize without ads or selling user data.
Though our backgrounds are diverse, we share a belief—lives flourish when people feel close. That common inspiration keeps us aligned with our purpose as a team, which is scattered across 16 states (so far), coast-to-coast throughout North America.
The distance doesn’t slow us down. We keep the engine humming from our homes, co-working spaces, and coffee shops—connecting with daily Zoom calls, and retreats. Whether collaborating through Slack, video calls, or of course Marco Polo, our team knows how to keep connected—it’s what we do best!
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We can add teammates from anywhere in North America.