Altruist is a hyper-growth fintech company on a mission to make financial advice better and more accessible for everyone. Our team is building a revolutionary platform for financial advisors and their clients to remove the friction from investing and reduce the barrier to entry into wealth creation and management. Using Altruist, advisors can work more efficiently and reduce costs, enabling them to help more people, better.
If you’re passionate about your craft and are looking for big, meaningful problems to solve, then you’ll love what we’re up to. At Altruist, you’ll have the opportunity to do exciting work on products ranging from complex enterprise business software to a beautiful consumer app experience and user acquisition platform.
The Senior DevOps Engineer will help build, secure, and manage our AWS cloud services. This is a full-time role, 100% remote, anywhere on the US West Coast.
What you’ll do:
- Ensure running services are highly secure and available
- Turn infrastructure into a self-service model via automation
- Partner with the engineering team to ensure we deliver products with high velocity while ensuring infrastructure consistency, uptime & security
- Be on-call for ensuring we have high SLA for uptime & security
What you’ll need:
- Experience with securing infrastructure, applications & code
- Experience with Amazon Web Services (VPCs, IAM, Policies & Roles, ..)
- Experience with Amazon RDS – Postgres/Aurora (high availability, replication, backup and restore) including some SQL experience.
- Experience with Amazon EKS, ECR, and EC2
- Experience with K8s internal including authentication, RBAC and containers
- Experience with infrastructure as code, such as Terraform
- Experience with Prometheus, Grafana, Kibana, and ElasticSearch
- Experience with Red Hat Linux and/or general Linux
- Experience with CI/CD, automation and testing infrastructure is a plus
- Experience with managing desktop Macs and Windows is a plus
- Experience with tools like Jira/Git/Confluence
- Strong analytical and troubleshooting skills.
- Excellent written, oral, and presentation communication skills.
- Along with being an expert in the infrastructure world, we also expect the DevOps person to be able to support services built in the following languages and technologies: Java, Python, and Node.js
- Expert in Shell scripting and Python and knowledge of Go and/or Groovy
What you’ll get:
At Altruist, you’ll work with a talented group of creators working relentlessly to disrupt an antiquated system primed for disruption. You’ll have the freedom to do your best work alongside down-to-earth professionals at the leading edge of their disciplines and the opportunity to make a real impact through your contributions. As an early team member at a young (fast-growing) company, you’ll have a significant influence on how we build our products.
Altruist believes the best work comes from a happy team who’s encouraged to continually grow and develop their expertise. We take pride in our culture, built on a foundation of mutual respect and transparency, and rooted in our three core values:
Kindness: The equal and kind treatment of all is of foremost importance to us, and we continually strive to bring diversity in thought and background to our team to strengthen our company.
Brilliance: Brilliance at Altruist means constantly striving to better your craft with a hunger for constant learning and growth.
Grit: Our team is driven, has a bias towards action, and an insatiable appetite for getting things done to bring us closer to realizing our mission.
Think you’ll be a good fit? Apply with a link to your portfolio. We look forward to meeting you.