You are unafraid to dig into unknown codebases to unravel unexpected behaviors. You value reliability, testability, and maintainability. You’re proud of the code you write, but you’re also pragmatic and believe in iteration. You have an interest in distributed system and software architecture.
About the Position
The job of a Senior Infrastructure Engineer at Airship is to focus on learning to operate and contribute to our technology stack.
– Our backend infrastructure is built on the Google Cloud Platform.
– Our backend infrastructure is primarily Java.
– Our platform uses microservices that talk to SQL and NoSQL databases and handle an immense load.
We have remote employees in engineering spread over many cities in the US and Europe and encourage people outside of Portland and Paris to apply.
As part of a french infrastructure team of 2 people, you will have the responsibility of :
– Designing, building, deploying, and maintaining the infrastructure with IaaC
– Build solutions that allow our teams, engineers to work at scale without fighting the infrastructure
– Contribute to improve existing architecture and resolve recurring incidents (Resilience, Fault Tolerance, …)
Experience and Skills:
– 5+ years of Professional Programming experience
– Solid fundamentals with Linux
– Proficient with containerization technologies like Docker
– Experience with cloud platforms such as AWS, GCP, Azure, or similar
– Ability to quickly learn new and existing technologies
– Good problem solving skills
– Willingness to work as part of a team to achieve shared commitments
– Calmly work in a fast-paced environment to ensure continuous delivery
– Strong verbal and written communication skills in English.
Marketing and digital experience teams at thousands of the world’s most admired companies
rely on Airship’s Customer Engagement Platform to create deeper connections with customers by delivering incredibly relevant, orchestrated messages on any channel.
Founded in 2009 as a pioneer in push notifications, Airship now gives brands the user-level data, engagement channels, AI orchestration and services they need to deliver push notifications, emails, SMS, in-app messages, mobile wallet cards and more to exactly the right person in exactly the right moment — building trust, boosting engagement, driving action and growing value.