At Curriculum Associates, we believe a diverse team leads to diversity in thinking, making our products better for teachers and students. If you read this job description, feel energized by what you see here, and believe you could bring passion and commitment to the role, but you aren’t sure you meet every qualification, please apply! Above all, we are looking for the right person!
Are you a designer who loves thinking through complex challenges and finding creative solutions? Curriculum Associates is looking for an inspired and passionate Senior Interactive Designer to design accessible and intuitive experiences for our i-Ready English and Spanish Reading products. Working closely with the Senior Director of Design, a Senior Interactive Designer at Curriculum Associates is a strong analytical and conceptual thinker responsible for leading the art, UX and interaction design for our i-Ready English and Spanish Reading products.
The ideal candidate will relish working closely with subject matter experts, product managers, and engineers to create Spanish and English Reading lessons for K-8 students.
The impact you’ll have:
- Join a mission-driven company focused on developing educational resources that support anti-racist beliefs.
- Influence the creation of educational resources that are used by 8 million students across the country.
- Develop products in collaboration with the educators we serve, as well as work with industry leaders and organizations to ensure culturally responsive resources.
- Participate in the definition, conception, planning and prioritization of user needs; proactively identifying and solving potential problems within assigned projects throughout creative process
- Use iterative and collaborative design techniques to transform new concepts to products via storyboards/sketches/wireframes and prototypes
- Art direct designers, artists, and vendors to ensure consistent visual quality and style across product.
- Ensure all media is user-focused, highly engaging, and relevant to students of various abilities and varied demographics such as gender, ethnicity, and age
- Create high-fidelity final comps, developing style guides and templates for varied audiences, and collaborating closely with Agile development teams to ensure proper implementation of the designs
- Update and improve existing products
What we’re looking for:
- 5+ years designing rich interactive and multi-media experiences
- Candidates must be fluent in Spanish
- A track record of creating innovative and thoughtful products that improve user experience
- A proven understanding of UX, UI, evidence-based user-centered design, and user engagement principles
- Ability to determine an engaging visual direction while effectively communicating art direction and decisions across designers, illustrators, and editorial teams
- Strong knowledge of mobile and web interaction
- A team-player who is detail oriented and possesses strong organization and collaboration skills; ability to prioritize under pressure and consistently meet deadlines
- Strong design, typographic, art direction, and communication design skills
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- A passion for exploration and consumption of all forms of media, apps and interactive software and the vision to apply them to K-8 education
- Proficient in Adobe CC, Sketch, and prototyping software
- Understanding of HTML5, iOS and other programming languages preferred
We’d also love to see:
- Experience in K-8 curricula and/or children’s interactive media
Location: This position will either be based in Brooklyn, NY or remotely.