Bitso Engineering is organized by many Tribes (product verticals), which contain Fleets, macro sub-divisions by product, technology and feature affinity, and Fleets contain squads dedicated to the execution, quality and delivery.
The Business Tribe is one responsible for all the interactions for enterprises partners and fintechs in the region that focus on Cross Border Payments and allowing their customers to interact with Crypto in their own applications. As stakeholders, the Tribe has Legal, Compliance, Customer Support, Business development.
We aim towards execution and enablement of outstanding productivity and efficacy of our partners to fulfill their tasks with autonomy, high speed, quality and satisfaction on interacting with our services and solutions. Their success has a direct impact on our Bitso customers and relations to regulators. Therefore, solving their issues and needs, protecting and safe-guarding their crypto portfolio, builds trust and enablement of the Bitso brand in the Latin America region which we operate.
We have existing systems and are building radical transformations and new implementations of new APIs that our partners can plug and play to release the crypto building blocks on their business flows or offer crypto exposure to their customers.
We enable our clients to operate across geographies in multiple currencies, to offer crypto-powered financial services to their users, send money at competitive FX rates, among others.
Our main customers are licensed money transmitters, financial institutions, trading partners and other fintechs.
- Understand the requirements of Bitso’s products.
- Drive new feature development.
- Write a high-performance code designed for scale.
- Help and correct bugs on the platform.
- Review code, provide feedback, teach engineers in practice.
- Architect systems and improvement to scale our product and platforms.
- Have knowledge of the operation of cryptocurrencies.
- Design and deploying APIs and back-end services for various business processes.
- Develop high-performance applications by writing testable, reusable, decoupled and efficient code
- Assure the integrity, solvency, and security of the exchange.
- Anticipate needs, technical issues and recommend solutions.
- Propose innovative architecture and solutions so the Squad/Fleet can add impactful value to all engineering communities at Bitso.
- Improve quality, performance, security and resilience of existing solutions, while delivering these elements on new development projects.
- Recommending and implementing improvements to processes and technologies
Who you are:
English language proficiency is necessary.
Must have 5 years of working experience with the following:
- Java 8 or above (streams, lambdas, optionals).
- Spring Boot, Micronaut, or some other microservices framework.
- Relational databases, preferably PostgreSQL.
- NoSQL databases (Redis, Mongo).
- Notions of distributed systems: back pressure, observability, fault tolerance, concurrency, redundancy, etc.
- Some PHP knowledge is desirable but not required.
Bitso is Latin America’s leading cryptocurrency platform. Our goal is to evolve how we think about and use money. We believe that we should all have the opportunity to use our money whenever we want it, and how we want it, without boundaries or schedules. To achieve this, we provide individuals with fast, cheap, seamless and user-friendly financial services powered by blockchain technology.
Cryptocurrencies do not rely on intermediaries to give them legitimacy or value. Instead, they are valuable because of the peer-to-peer technology that powers them. We firmly believe in crypto and the use cases it has. It’s time for the world to upgrade to a fair, open, transparent, and global financial system for all. #makecryptouseful.
Visit us at https://bitso.com/
Bitso promotes an environment where people are treated fairly and with respect, free of discrimination, bullying, harassment, violence or threats.
- Purpose: You’ll be part of something bigger, working towards financial disruption and inclusion across Latin America.
- Culture: You’ll work in a thriving, friendly, and fun environment that promotes open discussions, jokes, learning, video games, and lots of fun.
- People: You’ll work with some of the most driven and intelligent people in the crypto space, engaging with a network of diverse talent from 25+ nationalities bound by our quest to #makecryptouseful.
- Salary: We pay competitively in the countries where we operate.
- Venue: Work from wherever you want, work asynchronously; this role is fully remote to give you maximum freedom.
- Unlimited Paid Time-Off: You choose your number of days off. Recharge batteries and enjoy who you are outside the office
- Employee Stock Option Plan: we want our team members to be owners of the company. Therefore, as we all together crave for the success of our business, you will be eligible to participate in our stock option plan!
- This role is expected to work remotely.
- These are the applicable requisites, although equivalent competencies in any of the above will also be considered.