Bitovi helps companies create better web applications.
We have a track record of designing and building high-profile and amazing web applications through our active Consulting practice. Our apps are built with tests, full docs and a deployment process in place. We ensure our clients are set up for success and partner with them to solve any problems that come up along the way.
Our team consists of about 40 developers and designers located around the US and Canada. This is a remote, full-time position. Due to historical travel requirements, we are seeking candidates in the US or Canada who are willing and able to travel in the future once business travel resumes. Travel averages approximately 1 week every 8-10 weeks.
TL;DR A good short read for interested candidates is our blog post Hello Potential Bitovian.
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR:
We are looking for highly qualified individuals with:
- 4+ years professional experience developing enterprise applications
- React or Angular experience highly preferred, strong JS foundation required
- a good understanding of Computer Science (CS degree, or equivalent knowledge is required)
- strong communication and interpersonal skills who are comfortable interacting with clients daily
We welcome diversity and non-traditional paths into the developer profession, and advocate strongly for hiring the right person as opposed to the right combination of tech keywords.
You’ll work with clients to create applications, discussing and designing architectures, reviewing code, and researching new front-end technologies.
You’ll work with other Bitovians on client teams, as well as internal initiatives such as helping us to advance, improve, and evolve our Open Source toolset.
- Present at conferences
- Give trainings
- Plan and run meetups
- Create and maintain open source projects
- Write articles
A LITTLE BIT MORE:
We welcome individuals who enjoy identifying the hard parts of application development and simplifying them, talking about software architecture, and teaching others. We also want someone who can lead others and be an integral part of a team.
Specifically, the following attributes are major positives:
- Has an eagerness to learn and execute in the “the right way”
- Is open minded about development best practices
- Has some experience with back-end systems and databases
- Some experience contributing to or using open source projects
- Self driven with the ability to work autonomously or as part of a larger team
At Bitovi, you’ll have the opportunity to work with a team of talented individuals who will support and challenge you. You’ll grow through various experiences on client projects as well as internal initiatives and strategic projects.
In addition, Bitovians get a slate of great benefits.
- Competitive salary and annual bonus opportunity
- 401(k) plan with matching
- 4 weeks of paid vacation
- Health and dental insurance
- LTD and Life Insurance
- Gym membership reimbursement
- Paid Maternity & Paternity leave
- Working from home with flexible hours
- Company retreats to places like Las Vegas, New Orleans, and Amelia Island, Florida (post Covid!)
- Mini, virtual retreats quarterly during COVID
HOW TO APPLY:
Write a resume and a thoughtful introduction (a personalized cover letter!) that shows us that you’re the kind of person we’ve described above. It should cover why you are interested in this role, something you recently worked on and are proud of, and a fun fact about yourself. Use the following link to apply. Please follow these instructions!
*Please note that we are not interested in working with Recruiters or Hiring firms at this time. All offers are contingent on passing a successful background check.