Who We Are: WellSaid Labs
We’re creating Voice for everyone.
At WellSaid Labs, we enable creatives around the globe by putting high-tech, human parity technology into their hands, giving them the ability to add voice-over to any project and iterate with ease. Creative teams use WellSaid Lab’s Voice Studio to create compelling employee training, design unique digital experiences, and narrate audiobooks. We believe deeply in AI for Good, and that technology should be empowering, engaging, and fair to all people.
Who You Are: A Senior/Lead Product Designer ready to join our growing Product team.
How You’ll Contribute:
In your day-to-day, you might work on:
- Leading the design strategy and execution of new enterprise web/mobile features and experiences.
- Building the design system, style guides, and UI library to ensure innovation and execution of top notch design.
- Crafting beautifully simple UI/UX that is highly accessible for a wide spectrum of users.
- Planing, prioritizing, and coordinating user research, conceptual modeling, information architecture design, interaction design, and usability testing.
- Designing and specifing information architecture, microinteractions, and user interfaces using participatory and iterative design techniques, including observational studies, customer interviews, usability testing, competitive audits, market research, and other forms of requirements discovery.
- Quickly and iteratively producing personas, ecosystem/conceptual diagrams, customer journey maps, interaction flows, storyboards, wireframes, visual mockups, design annotations, prototypes, or design specifications.
- Effectively synthesizing and communicating research findings, conceptual ideas, detailed design, and design rationale both verbally and through execution.
- Independently driving the design review cycle and close on design requirements.
- Managing the design process, drive decisions, track issues, and assist in estimating resource needs and schedules in an agile environment.
- Working closely with product and engineering teams to ensure that design requirements are achieved.
- Participating as a contributor to a cross functional team that includes other designers, product, engineers, and voice machine learning engineers.
- Presenting and telling the story of your designs and rationale to customers, team members, and leadership.
- Planning and facilitating collaborative work sessions with all levels of the customer organization.
- Supporting front end development throughout the entire design > dev > deploy process.
What We’re Looking For
To thrive in this role, you ideally have some combination of the following:
- 6+ years of experience designing complex consumer-facing and/or enterprise digital products, mobile, and web experiences
- 3+ years of experience leading design teams as a UX, product or interaction design manager
- Bachelor’s Degree in in Design, Human-Computer Interaction (HCI), a related field, or equivalent professional experience
- A strong portfolio of personal and team design work that demonstrates human-centered design process and business success and cross-collaboration with Product, Engineering, Marketing, Sales
- Experience hiring and leading design teams that deliver end to end experiences (user flows, wireframes, prototypes, high-fidelity visuals)
- Bring deep expertise in UX design (frameworks, interaction models, prototypes, research)
- Proficiency with design and prototyping tools such as AdobeCC, Sketch, Pixate, Figma, and Framer, with an ability and openness to come up to speed with new emerging technologies quickly; expertise in Figma required
- A systems thinker who identifies and abstracts repeatable design patterns and guidance
- To think big, framing designs in the context of the broader customer experience, and are equally comfortable diving deep into the details
- Wise decision maker and prioritize effectively. Use data to inform your decisions, weigh the impact and tradeoffs of decisions, and seek input where needed to drive alignment
- Success delivering product/service in a high-growth environment, exhibiting strong ability to identify and solve ambiguous customer-focused problems
- Proactively plan ahead, look around corners, and can see the next step, bias for action
- Influencer of design direction while welcoming a healthy debate and bringing people along
- Drive and evangelize product design consistency through the governance and evolution of component-based design systems and adapting/creating brand guidelines to create scalable systems
- Excellent written, verbal, and presentation/storytelling skills
- Experience working in startups and fast paced large corporations (at-scale products)
- Experience with SaaS applications
To join our team you must also:
- be a U.S. Citizen or Permanent Resident
- pass a pre-employment background check
What We Offer
WSL is proud to support an inclusive work environment that emphasizes each team member’s personal and professional growth. Our team is fully distributed throughout the U.S., and we support flexible schedules – work where and when you work best. You’ll have teammates just a Slack message or video call away if you ever need help solving an exciting challenge, or even if you just have a funny story to tell.
Other perks and benefits:
- Competitive salary and stock options
- Full medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Matching 401(k) plan
- Generous vacation policy/paid time off
- Parental leave
- Learning & development stipend
- Home office stipend
What to Expect From Us
We strongly encourage you to apply! Please submit your resume and portfolio. If your skills, experience, and values match, we’ll reach out about meeting with the team.
During the interview stage, you can expect:
- An introductory interview with the hiring manager (50 minutes); if there’s a match we’ll schedule an interview loop and portfolio presentation with the team.
- A portfolio presentation to the interview team
- An Interview loop with 3-4 interviews (1 hour each) with the team members you will be working closely with
All interviews will be remote via Google Meets; we are happy to make accommodations you might need to feel comfortable and set up for success in our process.