Remote is solving global remote organizations’ biggest challenge: employing anyone anywhere compliantly. We make it possible for businesses big and small to employ a global team by handling global payroll, benefits, taxes, and compliance (learn more about how it works at remote.com/how-it-works). We’re backed by A+ investors and our team is world-class, literally and figuratively, as we’re all scattered around the world.
Please check out our public handbook (at remote.com/handbook) to learn more about our culture. We encourage folks from all ethnic groups, genders, sexuality, age and abilities to apply. You can also check out independent reviews by other candidates on Glassdoor. If this job description resonates with you, we want to hear from you!
All of our positions are fully remote. You do not have to relocate to join us!
We use a LinkedIn feature called “multiplexing”, which creates several location-specific job postings for individual locations from a single global position we publish. Multiplexing enables us to make our global job post compatible with LinkedIn’s system and allows us to manage the inbound applications by location.
We encourage candidates to apply to any of these roles since they are factually global and we will make explicit mention of specific location details in the practical section below. 🌎
How we work
We empower ownership and proactivity and when in doubt default to action instead of waiting.
This is an exciting time to join Remote and make a personal difference in the global employment space as a Senior Manager, Financial Reporting, joining our Finance team.
For this role due to regulatory requirements we will only be able to consider applicants based in the US.
- Experience in Global Financial reporting including foreign currency.
- Strong knowledge of Accounting and Finance.
- Experience with reporting from SAP or similar ERP systems.
- Experienced with implementation of policies and procedures.
- Write and speak fluent English.
- It’s not required to have experience working remotely, but considered a plus.
- Prepare financial reporting packages for management, investors, statutory filings etc.
- Responsible for statutory compliance reporting worldwide using SAP and other tools and systems as required.
- Monitor and ensure timely identification and compliance with evolving accounting guidance, provide US GAAP interpretation and prepare technical memorandums that document issues in a clear, logical and comprehensive manner
- Proactively update and monitor the progress of global statutory filings.
- Validate that local statutory financial statements reconcile to US and Dutch GAAP financial statements.
- Lead the development, implementation and maintenance of comprehensive accounting policy and procedure documents.
- Assist in the coordination of external audits and reviews.
- Ensure that global policies and procedures are in place and adhered to.
- Assist in implementing and maintaining reporting procedures to comply with internal control requirements
- Liaise with FPA and Tax to ensure that reporting is in place to support forecasting and transfer pricing analysis.
- Manage the annual budget process.
- Work on special projects as needed.
- You’ll report to: Senior Director for Finance, Tax & Accounting
- Team: Finance
- Location: United States
- Start date: As soon as possible
- (async) Profile review
- Interview with recruiter
- Interview with Senior Director for Finance, Tax & Accounting
- Interview with other Finance Leader(s)
- Interview with team members (no managers present)
- Interview with VP Finance
- (async) Offer
Remote Compensation Philosophy
Remote’s Total Rewards philosophy is to ensure fair unbiased compensation and fair pay along with competitive benefits in all locations in which we operate. We do not agree to or encourage cheap-labour practices and therefore pay a minimum annual salary of USD 40,000 per year, in all locations throughout the world. Actual compensation may vary based upon geographical location, experience, and/or skill level. However, it will never be below our minimum global compensation mentioned.
“In New York and Colorado, in particular, the base compensation range for this role (including all mandatory allowances/bonuses) is 145,000 – 226,000. Actual compensation is decided once the interview process is concluded and an assessment of experience; competencies and skills; internal equity and calibration to market data is complete. Successful Candidates outside these location(s) will have our geo-range philosophy applied. Please see further information on our pay philosophy here: Total Rewards at Remote. Disclosure as required by the Colorado Equal Pay for Equal Work Act, C.R.S. § 8-5-101 et seq.”
You can learn more about the benefits we’re offering to all internal employees at Remote by visiting our public Benefits & Perks Handbook page (at www.notion.so/people-Benefits-perks-1e48a5869c274f40910b76d405b92f63).
How to apply
Please fill out the form below and upload your CV with a PDF format. See how to convert your CV to PDF here. Thank you!