Recently HubSpot met a major milestone, reaching 100k and $1 billion in annual recurring revenue. HubSpot’s media engine played a significant role in helping the company reach those milestones.
The Senior Manager of Media Strategy & Operations will be instrumental in developing initiatives that contribute directly to the media team’s growth, and will help provide direction to improve the efficacy of the Media team. This is a highly visible role that will interact with cross functional groups throughout HubSpot and the Marketing Leadership team. This integral role requires a natural ability to build strong, trusting partnerships across the Media team and broader HubSpot organization while driving key initiatives, cross-functional projects and ensuring effective communications and deliverables. This person should be a highly resourceful individual who thrives in a fast-moving, complex environment
HubSpot’s media offering spans across blog posts, Youtube videos, podcasts, ebooks, templates, and free courses available from our Academy. In 2021, we bought a media company called The Hustle to add a popular newsletter, community, podcast, and premium subscription to our media offering.
Senior Manager of Media Ops & Strategy will play a vital role in helping HubSpot become the daily source of education and stories for entrepreneurs, startups, and scaleups.
As the Senior Media Ops & Strategy Manager, you’ll play a major role in helping The Hustle integrate with HubSpot to create one media group, and one cohesive media experience for our audience. You’ll be responsible for ensuring that the integration is a success and a case study for how software companies can buy media companies in the future.
You’ll work directly with Kieran Flanagan (SVP of Marketing) and Sam Parr (The Hustle founder) to create the best business media network for entrepreneurs, startups, and scaleups. You’ll get to work on the future operating model to support a media team of 65+ creators, including work on things like editorial processes, content merchandising, cross-promoting media across channels, launching a business podcast network, and reshaping the way our media team is organized.
Specific responsibilities will include:
- Be a driving force for the success of HubSpot’s acquisition of ‘The Hustle’ by working with the marketing leadership team to create a 12-month integration plan to move us towards one media team, one media experience.
- Work across all media teams to align around an editorial operating model that can support 65+ creators across a broad range of media channels.
- Collaborate with marketing ops, the creative team, and others to integrate The Hustle media properties with HubSpot
- Create the systems, processes, and alignment we need to better promote content across all HubSpot media channels.
- Research and propose a way for HubSpot’s media group to access how they’ll invest and resource new media products e.g. podcast, blog, newsletter.
- Work with both HubSpot marketing leadership and The Hustle leadership to bring new media products to market.
- Work directly with marketing leadership to help define the future operating model, and structure of HubSpot’s media group.
Desired Qualifications & Experiences
- Experience in a senior operations role (chief of staff, marketing ops, media ops) with a track record of working with leadership to deliver on strategic projects.
- Has demonstrated the ability to repeatedly take a project from idea to launch
- Goal-driven. Can work across teams and help motivate them to hit deadlines
- Focus on impact. Is able to build metrics into their projects and provide regular updates to stakeholders on progress against those metrics.
- Problem solver. Has proven ability to do both quantitative and qualitative research to identify the best solution for projects they lead.
- Context giver. Prioritizes given people context on why their project is important, the problem it addresses, and the predicted impact of being successful.
- Experience working in media is a bonus.
- Is always focused on the impact of each project and communicating this across teams
- Is able to be proactive in taking the lead on strategic initiatives. Doesn’t need to be handed a map of how to get from a, to b, to c. Is able to plot the course themselves.
- Is able to deal with ambiguity when projects are in their very early stages
- Is able to turn ambiguity into a detailed roadmap by focusing on proactive communication, research, and planning.
- Is a strong communicator and excels at collaboration.
- Able to be decisive and clearly articulate a strong point of view, whilst being respectful to others’ opinions.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, communication, and influencing skills to work effectively and build relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
HubSpot (NYSE: HUBS) is a leading customer relationship management (CRM) platform that provides software and support to help businesses grow better. We build marketing, sales, service, and website management products that start free and scale to meet our customers’ needs at any stage of growth. We’re also building a company culture that empowers people to do their best work through. If that sounds like something you’d like to be part of, we’d love to hear from you.
You can find out more about our company culture in the HubSpot Culture Code, which has more than 5M views, and learn about our commitment to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace, too. Thanks to the work of every employee globally, HubSpot was named the #4 Best Place to Work on Glassdoor in 2021, and has been recognized for award-winning culture by Great Place to Work, Comparably, Fortune, Entrepreneur, Inc., and more.
Headquartered in Cambridge, Massachusetts, HubSpot was founded in 2006. Today, thousands of employees work across the globe in HubSpot offices and remotely. Visit our careers website to learn more about culture and opportunities at HubSpot.