About the role
A world where all software is reliable? That’s one heck of a lofty vision. To support that vision and help FireHydrant grow, we’re building a different kind of marketing team – one made up of people who operate from a place of deep empathy and generosity when engaging with our audience. After all, we’re not just marketing to personas. We’re talking to real life people who are tasked with a big job: keeping their company’s applications and infrastructure resilient, safe, and dependable.
We think design is a critical differentiator – in both our product and our public storytelling. We’re looking for an experienced and opinionated Sr. Manager of Brand Design to drive the definition and evolution of our visual brand. If you’ve ever wanted to build a brand from the ground up, this is the opportunity to do it. You’ll fit right in if you’ve got great ideas, tons of initiative, and a relentless focus on doing the work that really moves the needle.
The work you’ll do
- Lead the definition, evolution, and documentation of our visual identity. We’ve got a baseline but it could be so 👏much 👏 better 👏.
- Partner closely with your fellow marketers to build stories that stick. You’ll collaborate on advertising, integrated campaigns, web pages, community experiences, email, events, and more.
- Operationalize your work. Starting out, you’ll be a team of one supported by agency resources so templates, frameworks, and other reusable components go a long way.
- Fearlessly take ownership over our visual identity. If it’s not working, let’s figure out how to change it, together.
- Build a partnership with our product design team. You’ll elevate each other’s work, ensure cohesion across our brand and product, and grow with each other through collaborative feedback.
What we’re looking for
- A compelling portfolio that demonstrates excellence across visual and web design and a preference for clean design that is thoughtful about the details.
- 5+ years of brand design experience, preferably in the B2B SaaS space. Experience with brands developers love is a huge plus.
- Our website is the front door to our brand and where you’ll have significant influence and impact. You should be a skillful web designer, with experience in responsive and accessible design and a strong opinion on designing for performance.
- Expertise with industry-standard tools, like Illustrator, Photoshop, and Figma and enough familiarity with HTML and CSS to take your designs further.
- Strong communication skills that allow you to explain your concepts, process, and work, get support and adoption across teams, and create excitement for design as a differentiating principle of FireHydrant.
- An inclination towards understanding and prioritizing against business needs. Design can always be improved – we’ll rely on you to help prioritize the most impactful work to drive our business forward.
FireHydrant is building the only platform focused on site reliability. The FireHydrant platform includes Incident Response, Status Pages, and more, so companies can take control of their complex system, reduce downtime for their customers, and work better together. We’re a Series B company with around 80 employees (and growing!) who sit across the United States. Check out our blog to learn more about us.
Life at FireHydrant
- We’re remote-first with employees around the US, with our physical headquarters in NYC (Union Square)
- 1-2x per year we will gather in-person as a company; as teams we gather another 1-2x per year depending on the safety of such a gathering, and have virtual events throughout the year
- We collaborate through Slack, Zoom, Notion, and Google Workspace
- Kind candor – we expect honesty delivered through kindness, first and foremost
- Transparency & equity – information is shared openly in Slack channels; we welcome ideas and contribution regardless of role or experience level
- We value building trust, acting with integrity and continuously improving
- 100% employer-paid health, vision and dental premiums for the employee and 75% of dependents
- Unlimited vacation policy with a minimum requirement of three weeks off per-year, with sustainable working hours and healthy work/life balance
- Home office stipend: get your workspace set up in a way that works best for you
- 401k match
FireHydrant believes that everyone should be compensated fairly and we strive for transparency within our organization and the industry. We set our salaries at the 75th percentile of pay for the San Francisco market using compensation data from hundreds of companies at our stage. Additionally, everyone in a given role is paid the same without adjusting for locality. The salary for this position is $155,000 (for Manager) or $180,000 (for Senior Manager) depending on leveling.
- FireHydrant requires that all newly hired employees are fully vaccinated against COVID-19, subject to reasonable accommodations provided based on medical need or religious belief.
- All employees must be able to show authorization to work in the US.