About Aurora Solar
Are you ready to join the solar revolution? Look no further than Aurora Solar, where we’re on a mission to create a solar energy future for all.
A fast-growing Series D company, Aurora is disrupting the clean energy industry and changing the course of history with our award-winning, industry-leading software. This software doesn’t just design millions of solar projects, but it designs a better tomorrow, empowering solar companies to sell, design, and install residential and commercial solar arrays accurately, seamlessly, and at scale.
It’s our goal to have every solar installation in the world pass through our software, and we’ve got a stellar team that’s helping us get there. We were named one of “The Best Mid Sized Remote Companies To Work for in 2023” by BuiltIn.com and have been awarded #1 Solar Software platform by Solar Power World, and as we continue to build, we need even more passionate, skilled, and, well, energized people on board.
About the Role
As a Design Manager at Aurora Solar, you will offer creative direction as well as contribute to people management, manage design operations, and processes effectively. We are looking for a talented storyteller, and critical thinker who follows a strong human-centered design process and partners cross-functionally throughout the company.
What You’ll Do
- Frame the end-to-end user journey for a specific product experience and influence product plan, shape strategy, and direction for a significant part of our product
- Deliver high-quality experiences at all levels of scale, while partnering closely with engineering, product, sales, and customer success teams to find elegant but practical solutions to design problems
- Establish process and mindset to achieve the best possible user experience by identifying UX strategy and frameworks that will help the team best anchor the product development approach
- Coach and advocate for your team by informing and guiding the work of designers through clear, actionable direction and feedback
- Engage and influence the executive team, rallying partnerships and collaborations to manifest a design-forward vision
- Plan and manage design backlog, enforce design QA and build thought partnerships with the product and engineering partners while always making sure that the design team’s work directly contributes to company-wide OKRs and goals
- Partner with research for specific user inquiries, testing concepts, and UI or to inform UX strategies
- Actively contribute to a culture of connection and certitude within the design team and with other stakeholders
What We Value
- Someone who balances creative excellence with humility
- You express creativity in output as well as in process
- Great communicator who can design frameworks to help us find opportunities, brainstorm, illustrate concepts, and effectively tell the stories
- Operating from a place of equality and inclusivity by encouraging diversity of perspectives and backgrounds
- You offer mindful feedback with candor for career guidance, support, and design critique and always offer an additive style of input and feedback
- Proficiency in working on complex tools, design systems, and multi-role products while also having extensive professional design experience shipping various modalities of digital products, across Web apps, iOS, and/or Android products
- You speak with confidence on design details, shaped from deep proficiency in the craft of strategy-operated UI/UX
- Rapport with our users–you’re a systems-level thinker and create experiences as scalable as they are elegant and delightful
- Establishing and upholding quality by clearly defining what that means for your team and at the same time, you value delivery over perfection
- History of managing design operations and processes effectively while hiring and leading design teams
- Using hypotheses to drive solutions and applying qualitative and quantitative data to make design decisions
Aurora is dedicated to building a diverse and inclusive workforce of people who believe in and are passionate about creating a future of solar energy for all. We are an equal opportunity employer, we welcome and consider qualified applicants regardless of gender identity, sexual orientation, race, religion, age, national origin, citizenship, pregnancy status, veteran status, or any other differences. We encourage you to apply even if you believe that you do not meet all of the above criteria!
For San Francisco applicants: Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records for employment.