Community powers direct relationships and one-on-one conversations between Leaders and their Members through text messaging at scale. Launched in 2019 and headquartered in Santa Monica, Calif., Community is breaking new ground in trusted marketing and communications channels by connecting Leaders–global pop culture stars, local community organizers, small business owners and brands–to their Members to drive conversations that convert into actions, sales, revenue and more.
About the Role and Your Impact
As Senior Manager, Product Marketing, you’ll be responsible for communicating to existing and potential customers the “why,” “what,” and “when” of everything we build. You will use your understanding of our product and knowledge of the market, customers, and competitors to clearly explain the unique value that Community brings. You will develop messaging strategies, build sales and marketing materials, lead new product and partner launches, and own customer research and competitive intelligence.
You will report to Community’s Head of Brand and work cross-functionally with the Marketing, Sales, CX and Product teams to ensure we have strong and consistent messaging across all customer touch points. The ideal candidate will be comfortable with both technical and creative aspects of positioning a SaaS solution in the B2B landscape and comfortable in a dynamic environment where change is not only expected but embraced for the opportunities it represents.
What You’ll Do
- Build and execute GTM & product launch strategy for new product offerings, feature releases, and other inflection moments for Community’s product.
- Work with Product and Marketing teams to develop product positioning, value propositions, and key external messaging to be used in presentations, demos, sales collateral, webinars, white papers, blogs, and press releases.
- Partner with Product, Sales Operations and Finance teams to inform pricing and packaging strategy for new features.
- Define compelling and differentiated messaging and ensure that it’s consistently communicated across all channels, including our website, sales teams, partners, and collateral.
- Develop a deep understanding of our buying audience by conducting research and gathering insight on buyer personas, including pain points, channels, and purchasing decisions and socializing those insights with Marketing, Sales, and the Executive Leadership team.
- Become an expert on our customers, market segments and competition. You will act as the internal voice of our current and future Community Leaders.
What You’ll Bring
- 10+ years of experience in product marketing, strategy, or growth marketing in a B2B SaaS environment.
- A well-rounded Product Marketing skill-set with working knowledge of Product launch process, Positioning & Messaging, Product Naming, Sales enablement, Content development, Competitive analysis, Pricing, Buyer Personas and Customer/Market Research.
- Data-driven approach – you combine intuition with data and customer empathy/research to build strategy, measure outcomes, and inform your decision making.
- Outstanding communication – you have strong, succinct writing skills and an eye for good design. You can synthesize large amounts of information and simplify it for different audiences in clear and effective ways.
- Strong independent project management skills: ability to prioritize high impact activities and keep complicated projects moving forward.
Community is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We commit ourselves to inclusivity across race, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, body size, disability, age, and class – in everything we do.