Are you passionate about adding value to your partners, customers, and team? Can you easily network and connect with people, whether that’s face-to-face, through an email, or while delivering a presentation? For you, it’s not just about closing a deal, but building partnerships where everyone wins. You’re looking for a big challenge that holds big opportunities—and you’ll find that at Thinkific!
As the Senior Manager, Strategic Partnerships at Thinkific, you will be responsible for seeking integration and collaboration opportunities with major strategic partners in line with our customer needs, platform vision, and product development roadmap that will open up lucrative new growth opportunities for all parties. Thinkific is continually seeking ways to ensure success for the course creators who build their online learning businesses on our platform by looking for ways to increase student enrollments, increase course sales, and reduce time-to-market. As a member of the Platform Operations team, you will play a key role in expanding our strategic investment in integration partnerships to create powerful network effects that our customers can leverage.
In this role, you will:
- Research and understand the online learning and LMS space in which Thinkific operates to find strategically aligned partners who would contribute to course creator success
- Develop and maintain mutually rewarding relationships with strategic partners, ensuring we balance their needs with those of our customers, and the business as a whole
- Monitor and analyze the usage and performance of integrations to inform and shape the vision for strategic partnerships as a key pillar of platform growth and expansion
- Develop and maintain expert-level knowledge of strategic Thinkific integrations, including commercial, technical, and functional limitations and how each solution contributes to customer success
- Collaborate with the Product team as a business stakeholder during the design, development, and testing of integrations and apps
- Work closely with Marketing, Support, and Customer Success teams to roll out new integrations and apps to our customers
- Be available to internal Thinkific teams to provide expert input into customer proposals, support queries, and the development of knowledge materials for both internal and external use
- Represent Thinkific through industry networking events, conferences, and online forums to market and support the Thinkific Platform & Partners program
To be successful in this role, you must:
- Have 5+ years of partner account management experience in a B2C SaaS or PaaS environment
- Demonstrate hands-on experience setting up cloud software integrations using public APIs, tools like Zapier, and custom code snippets
- Possess deep knowledge of the commercial, technical, and functional considerations and best practices for building and marketing integrations for B2C customers
- Have a knack for learning new software and assessing its relevance to the Thinkific ecosystem
- Expertly negotiate win-win commercial partnerships and platform solutions
- Create engaging and visually appealing partnership proposals using Google Slides or a similar tool
- Demonstrate excellent market research and strategic data analysis skills
- Be a natural connector—you’re a confident networker and can represent Thinkific at industry events
- Positively collaborate and quickly build relationships with internal teams
- Have the ability to write clear and user-friendly technical and semi-technical material
You might be the person we’re looking for if you:
- Are eager to learn and grow—you’ve likely had some post-secondary education or have equivalent professional experience in a similar role, and you continue to seek opportunities to level up your skills
- Can show past commercial success from leveraging third party integrations to grow revenue and support customer success
- Make decisions by analyzing and interpreting data, with measurable results to show for it
- Have past experience in a product management and/or technical project management role
Bonus points if you:
- Have done all of the above in the online learning or LMS space, in either a B2C or B2B2C environment
We’re about the results of online learning and the people along the way! Thinkific is a software platform that enables entrepreneurs to create, market, sell, and deliver their own online courses.
Our mission is no less than to revolutionize the way people learn and earn online by giving them the tools they need to turn their expertise into a sustainable business that impacts both them and their audience. We believe in meaningful, innovative work: we’re building and expanding an incredible product that empowers course creators around the globe while working collaboratively to learn and succeed together. Together, we’ve served over 50,000 course creators and more than 25 million students, and these numbers are growing each day!
Why we think you’ll like working with us:
- Be part of a team of incredibly talented, passionate, and driven people focused on building and innovating on a best-in-class learning platform
- Make an impact with your work—each person has an equal opportunity to contribute to our goals and every day, we get to see how Thinkific is empowering both course creators and their students
- Join one of the fastest-growing companies in Canada and find opportunities to grow in your own career—offering advancement opportunities for our team members is important to us!
- Contribute to Thinkific’s award-winning culture—we’re one of Canada’s Most Admired Corporate Cultures and a certified Great Place to Work!
- We offer competitive salaries, a comprehensive benefits package including health, dental, vision, and mental health coverage, and an Employee and Family Assistance Program to support the wellbeing of you and your family
- Whether you’re at our Vancouver HQ or working from home, you’ll have the opportunity to build meaningful relationships with Thinkers on your team and across the company through team-wide events, meet and greets with new team members, and regular social events
- Have fun with our team, even while we’re working remotely—join us for an online games session, virtual trivia and paint nights, at-home fitness challenges, or even an online coffee brewing demo!
- Get additional health and wellness support through a lifestyle or health spending account to put your dollars where you need it most, whether that’s subsidizing your gym membership, covering out-of-pocket expenses, or getting new gear
- Enjoy our open vacation policy and flexible work environment, because we know the importance of having a great work-life balance (and sometimes, you do your best work in slippers)
- Learn and Grow is one of our values and we take it seriously, providing opportunities through lunch and learns, training, workshops, mentorship, and our $1500 education allowance
- Grow your career AND your family at Thinkific—you’ll be taken care of with our parental leave top-ups as you add to your family
- Meet the many @dogsofthinkific (and yes, they’re as cute and cuddly as they look)
- Work with the hardware you’re most comfortable with, and upgrade or replace your system when you need to with our technology bonus
- Get set up for success, whether that’s at the office or at home. Whether you need a monitor, laptop stand, keyboard, mouse, or even a desk, we’ll work to ensure you have what you need to do your best work
- Be confident bringing your whole self to work—we’re proud to be an inclusive company with a diverse team and values grounded in ethics and equality
- Here at Thinkific, we know that the different perspectives on our team have led to amazing ideas, more innovation, and, ultimately, our success as a company. Our team welcomes applicants of all backgrounds, experiences, beliefs, identities, and statuses. Whoever you are—we can’t wait to meet you!