This is a remote position.
This position will be open and accepting applications until 5 PM EST on April 30, 2021.
Some federal contracts require U.S. citizenship to be eligible for employment.
Ad Hoc is a digital services company that helps the federal government better serve people. Our team of experts from across commercial industry and government brings the modern skills necessary to help agencies transform public services into digital services. Our work enables agencies to meet the needs of their users while closing the gap between consumer expectations and government.
- All work must be conducted within the U.S.
- As government contractor, all hires may be required to meet additional pre-employment contingencies to the extent required by applicable law, at the time of hire or any time thereafter
- Our technical screening involves completing our homework assignments exclusively – we do not do any form of whiteboarding in our process. You can read more about our homework here.
- The Engineer has considerable experience in providing highly specialized applications and operational analysis.
- Experience in planning and supporting network and computing infrastructure.
- Has knowledge in networking technologies. Is cognizant, knowledgeable and contributes to all phases of software development with emphasis on the planning, analysis, modeling, simulation, testing, integration, documentation and presentation phases.
- Bachelor’s Degree computer science, electronics engineering or other engineering or technical discipline is required. 5 years experience / 8 years of additional relevant experience may be substituted for education
What You’ll Do
- Build high-profile mobile applications for the Department of Veterans Affairs (VA)
- Use mobile application frameworks like React Native to build mobile applications for Android and iOS
- Build features using Swift and/or Kotlin/Java as needed
- Work with our team of developers to produce working applications
- Use unit and integration testing to ensure systems meet business needs
- Ship software that impacts the lives of millions of Americans
What You’ll Bring
- 4+ years of experience developing high-profile mobile applications
- Experience with mobile application platforms such as React Native
- Experience with software development kits like Flutter, Ionic, Xamarin
- Experience building native mobile applications using Swift and/or Kotlin/Java
- Experience managing at least one app that is in the Apple App Store or the Google Play Store
- Experience with Git, GitHub, pull requests and other version control operations
- Proficient spelling, grammar, and communication skills
- Experience and understanding of one or more different agile methodologies, including Scrum, XP, or SAF
- Company-subsidized Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Use What You Need Vacation Policy
- 401K with employer match
- Paid parental leave after one year of service
- Continuing education/annual conference attendance stipend
Ad Hoc LLC is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, age, pregnancy, disability, work-related injury, covered veteran status, political ideology, marital status, or any other factor that the law protects from employment discrimination.