Remote is solving global remote organizations’ biggest challenge: employing anyone anywhere compliantly. We make it possible for businesses big and small to employ a global team by handling global payroll, benefits, taxes, and compliance (learn more about how it works). We’re backed by A+ investors and our team is world-class, literally and figuratively, as we’re all scattered around the world.
Please check out our public handbook to learn more about our culture. We encourage folks from all ethnic groups, genders, sexuality, age and abilities to apply. You can also check out independent reviews by other candidates on Glassdoor. If this job description resonates with you, we want to hear from you!
All of our positions are fully remote. You do not have to relocate to join us!
How we work
We love working async and this means you get to do your own schedule. We empower ownership and proactivity and when in doubt default to action instead of waiting.
This is an exciting time to join Remote and make a personal difference in the global employment space as a Senior Payments Analyst, joining our Treasury team.
The Treasury team at Remote has the unique responsibility of not only owning core cash management services, but also owning the external core payments processing and experience. In order to build and scale out the payments group, we are looking for a Senior Payments Analyst to help achieve the vision to deliver the best payments product offering on the market. This is an Individual Contributor role.
The Treasury team enables Remote to move money. From developing infrastructure to working with external partners, we find the best ways to move money across different networks and countries in a way that is cost-effective, available, scalable, secure, and forward-looking. As a Senior Payments Analyst on the Treasury team, you will own global payment processing and lead payment issue resolution. You will assist in diving into the specifications and functionality of the global payments networks and pairing with essential external partners and suppliers, and Remote’s Product and Engineering teams, to convert best practices into the code for Remote’s money movement systems. This role will also involve working hand in hand with business partners, financial partners, and our operations teams.
We’re looking for a self-starter and detail-oriented team member to join our Treasury team. We are focus on global expansion. We are looking for colleagues who take responsibility, grow with new challenges and never stop improving themselves.
- Has 3-4 years of global or regional payments operations experience
- You have experience in project management
- You have experience in delivering KPIs
- Demonstrate experience in organization and optimizing processes to promote workflow scalability
- Champion of leveraging technology to streamline and automate back-office functions
- Ability to deliver results and handle multiple projects/tasks in a fast paced, hyper growth environment.
- Knowledge of payment flows and local payment networks is a plus
- Writes and speaks fluent English
- It’s not required to have experience working remotely, but considered a plus
- Own global payment execution ensuring payments to employees, contractors and vendors are processed accurately and timely
- Fix root causes of payment failures and build/document processes to minimize the number of payment processing issues
- Conduct deep dive analysis of payment requirements for new markets and partner with financial partners and International Expansion team to perform payment file testing and production validation tests
- Create country playbook for payments
- Implement process improvements and efficiency solutions including automation of daily operations workflow processes
- Assist in developing tools/metrics and dashboards to monitor and proactively address payment failures
- Keep abreast of the latest innovations in the Payments and KYC space. Help identify new sources of data that can allow Remote to route payments globally
- Provide support for Ad hoc projects
Remote Compensation Philosophy
Remote’s Total Rewards philosophy is to ensure fair unbiased compensation and fair pay along with competitive benefits in all locations in which we operate. We do not agree to or encourage cheap-labour practices and therefore pay a minimum annual salary of USD 40,000 per year, in all locations throughout the world. Actual compensation may vary based upon geographical location, experience, and/or skill level. However, it will never be below our minimum global compensation mentioned.
You can learn more about the benefits we’re offering to all internal employees at Remote by visiting our public Benefits & Perks Handbook page.
- You’ll report to: Senior Manager of Global Payments Operations
- Team: Treasury
- Location: Anywhere in the World
- Start date: As soon as possible
- (async) Profile review
- Interview with recruiter
- Interview with Hiring Manager
- Interview with Treasury Director
- (async) Offer
How to apply
Please fill out the form below. Don’t forget to add your CV (ideally as a PDF) and a cover letter (at most a single page) explaining why do you think there’s a match between this particular role and your profile. Thank you!