For the first time, Stack Overflow is looking for a Senior Procurement Manager who will lead software procurement activities for Stack Overflow and be responsible for operating all aspects of purchasing, including implementing processes, policies and systems and otherwise lead and operate the procurement function. Responsibilities include negotiating inbound licensing agreements and other vendor agreements (which are mostly for software tools), vendor pricing, contract negotiation, develop and maintain vendor management program, develop, and track department KPIs to meet company objectives as well as maximize financial performance. Software and technology purchasing is an essential part of our business. The Senior Procurement Manager must work with other departments to ensure their procurement needs are met, while managing risk, maximizing vendor relationships and considering financial performance of the company. This is an individual contributor role.
What you’ll do:
- Establish, maintain, and report on measurable performance metrics for all levels of procurement activities. This includes but is not limited to supplier performance, supplier quality, internal order placement performance, buyer activity and usage, and purchasing cost savings.
- Strategically develop and implement software supply chain strategies and supplier processes to deliver maximum value, leverage, and standardization.
- Establish and maintain Vendor Management Program, including a Vendor screening process and Vendor performance review.
- Negotiate all elements of Vendor agreements.
- Coordinate with Security, IT, Finance and Legal teams to ensure all vendors meet vendor requirements
- Establish and maintain purchasing best practices and procedures, including but not limited to RFP process, bid leveling, ethics, etc.
- Ensure that purchasing controls are established, enforced, and maintained.
- In conjunction with Finance, ensure vendors costs are correctly recorded and allocated in the Company’s financial accounting system and forecasts
- Track, report, and drive cost saving efforts to maximize financial performance of the company.
- Develop and maintain vendor relationships.
- Address vendor issues (e.g. performance/missed SLAs, disputes, invoice accuracy, etc) with suppliers.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
What you’ll need to have:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Supply Chain, Business Administration, or relevant field or Juris Doctorate
- 5+ years of procurement experience required
- Experience creating and implementing company-wide/centralized processes
- Experience developing and implementing procurement or vendor management processes
- Must have experience working in the software industry
- Basic knowledge of IT systems and infrastructure
- Working knowledge of Jira, Google Suite and experience with vendor management and/contract management platforms
- Problem solving and critical thinking skills
- Excellent verbal, written communication skills and organizational skills
- Ability to multitask, prioritize, as well as work independently with tight deadlines
- Ability to collaborate cross-functionally
- Able to be highly confidential
- Manages stress and/or fast pace effectively
- Demonstrated working knowledge in best practice procurement processes, negotiating purchase order terms, conditions, pricing, cost reductions, supplier qualification processes, vendor selection, and understanding of SaaS
- Experience working remotely/from home as an employee of a company with personnel located throughout the US and abroad
What you’ll get in return:
- Competitive Base Salary
- 20 days paid vacation
- Generous parental leave (12-16 weeks at 100% pay), family care leave, and unlimited sick days
- Stock options
- Completely free health insurance (no copay, no premiums)
- Gym membership reimbursement
- Employees will never be poked with a sharp stick
If you want to work remotely…. We’ll reimburse you up to $2,000 to set up a great home office.
If you want to work in our office… You’ll be in our headquarters in New York City, and enjoy additional benefits like free lunch every day prepared by our own in-house chefs, transportation reimbursement, and all the espresso you can drink.
We’re a remote-friendly team. Whether you work remotely or work out of our office (re-opening June 2021 at the earliest due to COVID-19), you’ll be part of a remote work culture that emphasizes online communication (Slack, GitHub, Hangouts, Zoom, Stack Overflow for Teams).
Employment is conditioned upon successful completion of a background check and upon having the appropriate legal right to work.
Diverse teams build better products.
Legally, we need you to know this:
Stack Exchange, Inc. does not discriminate in employment matters on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, military service eligibility, veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, or any other protected class. We support workplace diversity.
But we want to add this:
We strongly believe that diversity of experience contributes to a broader collective perspective that will consistently lead to a better company and better products. We are working hard to increase the diversity of our team wherever we can and we actively encourage everyone to consider becoming a part of it.