Brightline is on a mission to build a bright future for every child, bringing extraordinary behavioral health care to children and families.
We’re in the middle of a behavioral health crisis that we can’t ignore—especially not when it comes to our children. 1 in every 5 children has a behavioral health condition, yet up to 80% still get little or no help. Far too many families face insurmountable barriers when their child really needs help, and parents are too often left feeling alone and without the support they need. We can do so much better. That’s why we’re here!
Brightline is convening a team of leading clinicians, technologists, business leaders, and creative thinkers to completely transform what behavioral health care looks like. Together, we’re building exceptional technology and real-world care to bring a warm, supportive, and goal-oriented experience to families. And we’re all here to help children and families thrive.
About the Role
We are looking for an exceptional senior product designer who will drive user understanding and craft our online member & provider experiences Brightline. This individual will own the end-to-end designs for our product experiences directly impacting our coaches, clinicians, and families that we serve. This influential role will partner closely with other team members spanning Product, Engineering, Clinical Programs, and Marketing.
- Deepen user understanding: Advance our culture of user feedback and keen understanding of the kids, families, and clinicians we serve. Be relentless in finding solutions that meet user needs, synthesizing insights and tying them back to the big picture.
- Define the product vision collaboratively: Partner closely with Product, Clinical, and Ops to articulate forward-leaning solutions grounded in deep user insights and empathy.
- Craft well-loved designs: Roll-up your sleeves to create inspired workflows and prototypes, iteratively validate designs with users, and partner with engineering to deliver delightful solutions.
- Set and measure against goals: Establish measurable criteria for our user experience to learn and improve designs.
You will thrive at Brightline in this role if you have:
- A passion for our mission to redefine behavioral health for children and their families through human-centered design
- 5+ years of experience designing successful digital products
- Systems thinking with a deep understanding of information architecture and usability principles
- Experience validating your designs through user testing
- Exceptional skills in collaboration and cross-functional partnership
- Ability to comfortably navigate complex flows and uncover hidden edge cases
- Outstanding written and verbal communication of design rationales
- Self-initiated drive to jump into all aspects of design as is critical in a start-up
- A humble attitude and ability to partner collaboratively with others
- A commitment to promote our initiatives around diversity, equity, and inclusion
- An undergraduate degree is required, a related graduate degree is a plus
Nice to have, but not required of this role is:
- Experience developing, contributing to, or utilizing design systems
- Experience designing for complex enterprise software in either healthcare, insurance, or financial systems
The interview process will require you to share your design portfolio. We’re looking for a clear and well-structured portfolio that outlines the problems you were tackling, and the process you followed.
The Brightline team is headquartered in the SF Bay Area, but we will consider both local and remote candidates.
Brightline is an equal opportunity employer and encourages all applicants from every background and life experience to apply.